lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #1
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 Precendent questions

I just picked up a very nice 2015 48v Precendent and have come up with a couple of questions. SERIAL # JE1509534589

!. Cart came with what appears to be a factory or stock light, horn, turn signal kit installed. Does this mean it already has a voltage reducer installed? I didn't see anything obvious wired to the batteries other than what looks to be normal wiring. I think I did read that there are plug and play reducers so perhaps a reducer is simply plugged into the factory harness somewhere.

2. Reverse buzzer. I've located it behind the dash panel and unplugged one wire to it, eliminating the noise. Is this ok to just unplug one wire?

3. Right behind the drivers seat there is what appears to be a panel from one side of the cart to the other. On each side there is about a 1'' upright nub that looks like it should just pull forward to possibly remove this panel. I pulled the nub forward but its pretty tight in place. Do I just pull harder or does something have to be inserted into the small hole in front of the nub?

4. While driving at slow speeds the cart surges even with the throttle in one position. I keep having to push it down further or back off of it which gives for a jerky ride. I did a search and saw how pumping the throttle about 25 times to clean off the mcor. Is this correct? I just read this tonight and have been unable to try this yet.

Thanks in advance for any help on these questions
cdestuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #2
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Precendent questions

Welcome to BGW, first thing post your first 6 of your ser# so we know what you have. Some people will tell you it's a 2015 but it was rebuilt in 2015 and it's a older cart, that's why the ser# will help.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm sure others will comment. Welcome. I would like to give you an option on the reverse buzzer. Speaking from experience, it can be dangerous to disconnect it. You'll think it's in forward and back all over something. I took a piece of electrical tape and put it over the hole in the buzzer. Now its loud enough to hear but not too loud. You might want to try that. Good Luck.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes, there is a factory reducer up front plugged into the harness behind the dash. Sounds like you already found the MCOR "fix" though it is often temporary. Revolution Carts can help you fix that for good. I put a piece of heavy tape over my buzzer. It is not as annoying but I don't see what it can hurt to unplug it. However, I've heard some carts will not run without it. Easy enough to test. Can you post a picture of what you are talking about behind the seat?

Welcome to BGW!
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #5
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

The "panel" just behind the seat is the top of the carts underbody. This panel does not come off.
In order to reach electronics, you need to remove the middle two batteries and then take the to screws out of the top of the aluminum panel in the back of the battery box, then the panel will fall forward and the electronics are attached to that aluminum panel. To get to the motor, there is a removable panel in the bagwell.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #6
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Ran out and got my serial number. Its JE1509534589 Thank guys
Old 07-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #7
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

2015 Precedent I2 HF CHG

Don't know what the "HFCHG" means
Maybe High Frequency Charger?
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:19 AM   #8
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

It means he has a "smart" charger with no OBC!
He has the ERIC high frequency charger.
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:58 AM   #9
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpres View Post
It means he has a "smart" charger with no OBC!
He has the ERIC high frequency charger.
Is it a plus or minus not to have a OBC? Is this ERIC charger a good system. I do know it's tons lighter than my old EZ GO Powereise charger.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:03 AM   #10
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
Yes, there is a factory reducer up front plugged into the harness behind the dash. Sounds like you already found the MCOR "fix" though it is often temporary. Revolution Carts can help you fix that for good. I put a piece of heavy tape over my buzzer. It is not as annoying but I don't see what it can hurt to unplug it. However, I've heard some carts will not run without it. Easy enough to test. Can you post a picture of what you are talking about behind the seat?

Welcome to BGW!
You speaking of a fix through Revolution , would this be the MCOR 4 to replace what I've got on mine? Tks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car