lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: axle fluid help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakecliff22 View Post
i know im being a pest but will this work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Purpl...AAAOSwWLBaAhtt
That'll work just fine!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #12
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakecliff22 View Post
i know im being a pest but will this work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Purpl...AAAOSwWLBaAhtt

Yes it will. That’s what I use.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I thought 85w/90 was for gas and 30w was for electric?
If you have a motor running instead of gears in your gear case.....(or you are bone stock and use as designed on a golf course)

Truth be known, you could run honey in the gear cases on a lot of them as there is not enough friction to really hurt very much at 9-11 mph for 18 holes of stop-n-go golf. But since 95% of us on here are using them for home, street, off-road, touring, high performance, high speed (>20 mph) with big tires, high torque motors, controllers, etc. etc. you have far far exceeded the Club Car designs listed in the owners manual and therefore that "motor" oil is no longer applicable for these applications. If you are running any of the items listed above or in any of the scenarios listed above, follow the steps outlined in my original post and save yourself some heartache and expense....

Good Luck with whatever you do....

Note- Here is an oil viscosity chart below showing you the similarities in oils and comparing them to gear lubes by varying designs - note the similarities on viscosity when you draw a straight line across, so it is not the viscosity you should be concerned about with them, it is more the design properties (additives, emulsifies, durability, etc.) Motor oil was designed for internal combustion engines or similar and gear lubes were designed for high torque or speed applications where more or heavier loading is observed and friction is prevalent. Only you know your usage so plan accordingly....

Oil Viscosity Chart.jpg
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #14
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default axle fluid help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
If you have a motor running instead of gears in your gear case.....(or you are bone stock and use as designed on a golf course)

Truth be known, you could run honey in the gear cases on a lot of them as there is not enough friction to really hurt very much at 9-11 mph for 18 holes of stop-n-go golf. But since 95% of us on here are using them for home, street, off-road, touring, high performance, high speed (>20 mph) with big tires, high torque motors, controllers, etc. etc. you have far far exceeded the Club Car designs listed in the owners manual and therefore that "motor" oil is no longer applicable for these applications. If you are running any of the items listed above or in any of the scenarios listed above, follow the steps outlined in my original post and save yourself some heartache and expense.... [emoji106]

Good Luck with whatever you do....

Note- Here is an oil viscosity chart below showing you the similarities in oils and comparing them to gear lubes by varying designs - note the similarities on viscosity when you draw a straight line across, so it is not the viscosity you should be concerned about with them, it is more the design properties (additives, emulsifies, durability, etc.) Motor oil was designed for internal combustion engines or similar and gear lubes were designed for high torque or speed applications where more or heavier loading is observed and friction is prevalent. Only you know your usage so plan accordingly....

Attachment 167027

Just gave OP what the manual recommends. I guess u can assume what he needs and type a long post. [emoji1303] Most of us run under 20mph and 30w will work fine... but for some reason you only quoted me and not the others who agreed lol....
Old 03-11-2018, 10:24 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Just gave OP what the manual recommends. I guess u can assume what he needs and type a long post. [emoji1303] Most of us run under 20mph and 30w will work fine... but for some reason you only quoted me and not the others who agreed lol....
Lol! I gave you the answer and an explanation with details to help articulate the reasoning.... If you take that personal or cannot openly discuss a subject matter, maybe don't "quote" someone in the first place, then change your justification later to "Just gave OP what the manual recommends" as if I was trying to show you up, and then ask why.....
Old 03-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #16
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

One should also take note. Engines have gears, especially diesels, identical to our axles, that run at high temps and hi speeds on engine oil and run for 10 thousand hours or more. Just a thought.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:36 AM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Exactly right, and is why Diesel's take special oils; Ie- Delo 400 or Rotella and again, it is in the oil design and additive package that make them work in Diesel applications. Big difference in automotive oil and diesel oil just as in gear olis...
Old 03-12-2018, 04:44 AM   #18
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default axle fluid help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Lol! I gave you the answer and an explanation with details to help articulate the reasoning.... If you take that personal or cannot openly discuss a subject matter, maybe don't "quote" someone in the first place, then change your justification later to "Just gave OP what the manual recommends" as if I was trying to show you up, and then ask why..... [emoji106]

LOL [emoji1303]. Have a great day!
Old 03-12-2018, 06:52 AM   #19
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
LOL [emoji1303]. Have a great day!
You too....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car