lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #1
Ryan T
Getting Wild

Lightbulb Factory Club Car controller question

Looking at buying a fixer upper cart that's got a bad controller. 2002 DS CC series cart 48v. I wanted to start pricing parts before I buy.

Anyone know what the factory controller part number is? Looks like a silver GE unit and Albright style factory solinoid.

Think I'd like to stick with the GE style unit but step up to 4 or 500A, where's cheapest place to purchase?

Thank you
Ryan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Factory Club Car controller question

Several site sponsors can help you with this. I recommend the Alltrax SR line of controllers. They'll fit in the factory footprint where the Curtis controller is currently mounted. However, if you're going to go up to a 400-500 amp, you're gonna need a motor. The factory GE Series motor on these cars can't take much of a beating before giving up. It has tiny brushes in it and it's just not built for this kind of abuse. You'll also need a heavy duty solenoid, heavy duty power cables, and a heavy duty F&R switch to use these components on a series car. With a series setup, be sure to purchase a pre-charge resistor and a solenoid coil suppression diode as well. Post any questions you may have. We'll be glad to help.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Ryan, Tahoe is giving you go advice. It would cost you more to get a curtis upgraded to what you want then an Alltrax, and they are so darn user friendly with the Tool Kit.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:13 PM   #4
Ryan T
Getting Wild

Thx guys, what is the tool kit. It has a new bandit motor in it, will the controller come ready to go or do you have to remap it? And what the heck is remapping? Lol
Old 03-20-2018, 06:14 PM   #5
Ryan T
Getting Wild

Still what is the part number of the factory controller, are they Curtis or GE or are they the same thing? Thanks

If cart was in my possession I'd just remove it and know but it's not mine yet
Old 03-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T View Post
Thx guys, what is the tool kit. It has a new bandit motor in it, will the controller come ready to go or do you have to remap it? And what the heck is remapping? Lol
Go here https://alltraxinc.com/sr-series/ for all your answers.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T View Post
Still what is the part number of the factory controller, are they Curtis or GE or are they the same thing? Thanks

If cart was in my possession I'd just remove it and know but it's not mine yet
It is a Curtis, probably a 1204 series, but you will not know until you pull it off and check it. That is like asking for the exact computer # for a 2002 Pontiac Firebird. There were many different ones based on options and ranging model types...
Old 03-20-2018, 07:25 PM   #8
Ryan T
Getting Wild

That makes since thanks. I've done Alltrax several times in the past with good results. This one will be a hunting cart and I just fiqured a simple GE or Curtis would be simpler really reliable and cheaper? Is there a site sponsor that sales these as another option?
Thanks again for your time
Old 03-20-2018, 08:33 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Go here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...-controllers-1 and then call David tomorrow at 706 836 7210 for excellent guidance and help. He is TahoeDawgZ71 (David Hicks) who posted earlier in your thread.

scottyb http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-sr-series--.html also has them and can give you similar advice.

They are both site sponsors and vigorously support the forum with technical assistance.

Note- Just for laughs, I searched ebay for a 1204 Series controller https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-C...FY7py6&vxp=mtr and it is only 225 amps and will cost you $350 with NO warranty!! It is a no brainer with Alltrax as for $45 more you get 75 more amps and much more peak amps with a 2 year warranty and all the adaptability of the tool kit.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #10
Ryan T
Getting Wild

Great. Thanks so much
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car