lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2018, 10:57 AM   #1
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2008 48v Precedent I2 Excel

I need some help. Serial number PH0812-887563. This cart belongs to my sons JRROTC at school. They asked me to look at it because it was running slow. I load tested the batteries, 4 twelve volt golf cart batteries, and they were all junk. I talked them into new batteries and king pins and bushings for the front. I hooked them up with the local CC dealer for their parts and batteries. They went and picked up the parts and decided to install the batteries themselves. I got a call from my son saying the charger will not come on and the cart doesn't move. When I picked up the cart the red wire from the charger was on the wrong battery, they had it isolated to one twelve volt battery. I moved that wire to the battery pack positive and everything is good with the charger. However the cart still will not move. I have no clicks from the solenoid. I have 49.7 volts, no load, on the battery pack. I have 49.7 volts on BOTH big sides of the solenoid without the go pedal being pushed. I have 49.7 volts on both the little wires on the solenoid. I have 49.7 volts on the yellow and green wire (b+)going to the controller. I have 49.7 volts on the white wire(M) on the controller. I have 49.7 volts into and out of the key switch and the run/tow switch. Both of the fuses I found are good, one spade and one round. How can everything have voltage on it as it sits? Also when I plug in my scanner it will not power up. It seems to me something is not telling the controller to turn on!
Beaner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 48v Precedent I2 Excel

The OBC may have failed and is locking out the controller. Unplug the six pin connector from the OBC and jump the white wire to the blue wire on the wire-harness side of the plug. If it powers up your scanner then, the OBC is to blame.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:55 AM   #3
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you sir I will give that a try.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #4
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Gave it a shot and still got nothing. Without the pedal pressed down should I have 49 volts on both sides of the solenoid?
Old 04-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The voltage seems low (49v), Did You charge the new batteries?

Were any cables changed?

You need +48v on the following Controller pins before the Controller will activate the Solenoid:
Pin 5 (blue): OBC Lockout - Charger not plugged

Pin 6 (green): MCOR micro-switch - Pedal Down

pin 8 (brown): FNR switch - Forward direction selected

pin 9 (gray): Tow switch - Run position

pin 10 (tan): Key switch - Key ON
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #6
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The voltage seems low (49v), Did You charge the new batteries?

Were any cables changed?

You need +48v on the following Controller pins before the Controller will activate the Solenoid:
Pin 5 (blue): OBC Lockout - Charger not plugged

Pin 6 (green): MCOR micro-switch - Pedal Down

pin 8 (brown): FNR switch - Forward direction selected

pin 9 (gray): Tow switch - Run position

pin 10 (tan): Key switch - Key ON
Plugged in the charger this morning and now have 52 volts on the battery pack. Tested the above wires at the controller. I had battery pack voltage on pin 5(with charger unplugged from the cart),6(when pedal was pushed down),8,9 and 10 but still no power to my handheld and no clicking from the solenoid.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:12 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

They may have fried the controller as well if they reversed the positive and negative cable connections the first time they attempted to connect the batteries.

You can check the black wire on the Controller 4-pin connector to see if there is +15v (programmer power).

You should also have +15v on the Controller pin #15 (red wire) which is power to the speed sensor.

The other low voltage Controller output is pin #1 (white wire) which is power to the MCOR (around +5v).

If none of those pins have power, the controller is fried.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #8
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

good info!
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #9
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

If the controller is fried let me know. I have a stock (250 amp) controller that worked fine when I replaced it that I can donate since it's for JRROTC.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:52 AM   #10
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all your help guys! All of my tests pointed towards a fried controller. I sent the cart to the dealership just to get a second opinion. I don't want the JRROTC to have to spend the money on an unnecessary repair because of me not being experienced with the Club Cars. W4rwf I will let you know if they need that controller. That's really awesome of you to offer it up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car