lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2018, 07:57 AM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Precedent front end/tire wear

Some people claim the precedents have chronic front end problems that lead to lose steering and excessive tire wear. I am considering buying several precedents with that appear to have this issue.

I know we need more specific info for each cart for a precise diagnosis, but I am just trying to ascertain where the problems lies most often?

Tie rod ends? king pin? Spindle Assembly? Control arm bushings? Steering box?All of the above?

I am hoping something like a bump steer kit or spindle assembly generally will solve the problem. I really do not want to replace ALL of the front end bushings, but I will if I have to.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent front end/tire wear

This is just from what I recall reading... so don't take it as law.

I haven't heard much about the 2004's having problems, but the 2005's to mid 2006 had huge problems with kingpin, and control arm bushings,
it's to my understanding that Club Car upgraded those in late 2006.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:00 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've been fighting a camber problem for months. Nothing I do solves the problem. The instructions say that the wheels should look like this \ / but still after months of trying they look like this / \. I'm beginning to think that the front spring is too long. I bought one that was advertised as being 28" long but when it arrived it measured 28 and 3/4". Anybody have any ideas? Can you really buy a 28" spring?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:50 PM   #4
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
I've been fighting a camber problem for months. Nothing I do solves the problem. The instructions say that the wheels should look like this \ / but still after months of trying they look like this / \. I'm beginning to think that the front spring is too long. I bought one that was advertised as being 28" long but when it arrived it measured 28 and 3/4". Anybody have any ideas? Can you really buy a 28" spring?
You don’t measure springs in terms of length. You measure eye center to eye center.

The adjustment issue you are having has to do with worn bushings in many cases.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:32 PM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Just got a bump steer correcting king pin. It did not come with bushings as I had hoped. I am assuming I should replace the spring and spindle bushings as well?
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:40 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
Just got a bump steer correcting king pin. It did not come with bushings as I had hoped. I am assuming I should replace the spring and spindle bushings as well?
Yes. Replace both.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car