lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2018, 08:21 AM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Speed code ?

So I am pretty much positive I am going to buy a alltrax xtc controller 400 or 500 from Scotty b so can someone help me out with some questions. With a new controller is there a need to switch to speed code 4 or would that be changed in the new controller. I am staying with the stock motor so do I need cable and solenoid upgrade. I will be shutting the speed sensor off because it is bad so is there a way to put a tac. To see RPMs or maybe I could just keep it under a certain speed down hill. Also should I purchase the on the fly controller. I know this is a lot of questions in one thread sorry. Any help would be great thanks Jerry. 2014 club car precident
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed code ?

You need a working speed sensor to get the best performance with the Alltrax controller.

There are no speed codes that require a specialize programmer to install, You just download the free windows software and use a USB-B cable to connect to the controller and change the parameters.

The FN type switch (on-the-fly is the marketing name for a different controller line - Navitas) allows you to setup different 'modes' based on drivers preferences.

You do not need to upgrade the cables if they are all in good shape and don't get hot with normal use.

You should limit the current output to between 350-400 amps to avoid damaging the stock motor.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #3
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok thank you for the reply. I thought I could shut the speed sensor off with the alltrax controller. That sucks that was one of the reasons I wanted the controller.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can use the Alltrax without a speed sensor, You just will not get any of the advanced features like turbo, regen brake and speed/torque custom curves as they need rpm feedback to work properly.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #5
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool thanks i guess i will order a new one then. I guess i should order it right from club car. Unless there is a better one than the OEM part. To be honest i am not really impressed with the stock one it didn’t last very long. I have read that this is a common problem.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have never heard of the OEM sensor having issues...

The sensors that go on the Motor work with differente cart manufacturers, but one thing particular to Club Cars is that they are powered with +15v where some other carts use only +5v.

I think due to the non-existing quality control in Chinese parts, a lot of sensors that were design and may work fine in a Yamaha (5v) will burn soon in a Club Car (15v).

I posted on your other thread to get the sensor from RevolutionGolfCars.com
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car