lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2018, 05:35 PM   #1
nickrusho
Not Yet Wild

Question 91 club car new solenoid, new batteries, wont go please help

Hello I bought a 91 club car A9136 260076 and was told it just needed batteries, I installed 3 brand new 12v deep cell batteries. (I know not recommended but I get them cheap)

Installed the batteries, turned the key and nothing. Ok, after some digging realized somebody cut the ignition wires and cobbled up a rocker switch to it and some crappy lights. I have since cut out the switch and lights and just twisted the #18 green and #18 blue together.

The solenoid was looking pretty rough and found they are fairly cheap so I bought a new one, I just got it all wired up and nothing! Reverse beeper is functioning and nothing else.

The resistor on the solenoid that goes on the large posts is getting very hot.

I have a wiring diagram that I have been following and the routes and locations seem to be accurate.

I have a Volt Ohm Meter and read in the forum that you need +36v on one side of the solenoid and -36v on the other side. I have +36v on one side and only -27v on the other.

It is the model with the Curtis pmc motor controller

Can anybody lead me in the right direction as far as troubleshooting this thing? Thank you so much. I will gladly mail you a free vinyl decal of your choice if you can help me get this thing going!
nickrusho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2018, 06:09 PM   #2
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 91 club car new solenoid, new batteries, wont go please help

Are you sure it’s not a 48V cart? While I’m no expert, I believe in ‘91 all the 36V carts were resistor carts and that CC didn’t have 36V controller carts til ‘93 and ‘94 and then only for a couple of years then went back to 36V carts bieng resistor carts. I’m sure someone else can verify this.
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #3
nickrusho
Not Yet Wild

I don't know for sure but the serial number has 36 after the 91 so I made an assumption that it was a 36v cart...

EDIT- It came with a 36 volt charger
Old 09-05-2018, 01:27 AM   #4
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrusho View Post
I don't know for sure but the serial number has 36 after the 91 so I made an assumption that it was a 36v cart...

EDIT- It came with a 36 volt charger
91 is the production year, the 36 indicates the 36th week of production.
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:28 AM   #5
JustinB.Nivel
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Is your solenoid engaging when you depress your pedal?
JustinB.Nivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:27 AM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

The resistor heating up is a indication of a bad controller. But I would make sure the motor also runs in standalone mode using just one battery.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:05 AM   #7
nickrusho
Not Yet Wild

Nothing happens at all when I press the pedal, I am going to test the motor tonight in standalone mode. Is there any way to test the controller?
Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #8
nickrusho
Not Yet Wild

My motor works! Well after I tore it appart and put new terminals on it because I broke 2 of the wires off Inside...anyways that's operational now...however still wondering how to test the controller? As the cart is still not operational.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car