lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2018, 12:44 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need some help with my DS

As long as the battery cables were disconnected when you changed the motor cables (Tow/Run switch alone would not prevent Controller damage), you are probably fine.

Actually the OBC lockout is the most common cause for the cart and buzzer not working.

I would have guessed You forgot to put the 16ga pink wire back on the Solenoid big post, but since the OBC is charging, You may want to by-pass the OBC lockout for testing.

Disconnect the 6-pin plug from the OBC and put a large paperclip between the White and the Blue wires on the harness side connector.

If the buzzer works and the cart moves You will need to splice a permanent Controller lockout.

As long as the OBC charges fine You could continue to use the cart with the Controller lockout by-passed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2018, 01:15 PM   #22
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
As long as the battery cables were disconnected when you changed the motor cables (Tow/Run switch alone would not prevent Controller damage), you are probably fine.

Actually the OBC lockout is the most common cause for the cart and buzzer not working.

I would have guessed You forgot to put the 16ga pink wire back on the Solenoid big post, but since the OBC is charging, You may want to by-pass the OBC lockout for testing.

Disconnect the 6-pin plug from the OBC and put a large paperclip between the White and the Blue wires on the harness side connector.

If the buzzer works and the cart moves You will need to splice a permanent Controller lockout.

As long as the OBC charges fine You could continue to use the cart with the Controller lockout by-passed.
All the battery cables were removed before I touched anything else.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #23
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And continue on with the other things these gentleman suggested, I just wanted you to identify where the problem is originating from...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #24
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
And continue on with the other things these gentleman suggested, I just wanted you to identify where the problem is originating from... [emoji106]
I'm pretty sure it originated from me.[emoji6]

Old 09-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthru View Post
I'm pretty sure it originated from me.[emoji6]
Been there buddy..... That is how I learned so much by fixing my darn mistakes!!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:57 PM   #26
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

The bypass didn't do it.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:14 PM   #27
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wiring pics

Old 09-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #28
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Check and see where you have lost the voltage or inputs at. (One wheel jacked up) Get your DVM and with the key on, cart in Fwd, and Go Pedal depressed far enough to hear the microswitch click, check and see if you have the 48v + & - at your solenoid (main contactor). You will be checking the small Blue and the Blue w/White Stripe wires. Nothing here.

1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get 48vdc (If not, we lost the Pos Input) 51.9v
2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue w/white stripe wire and +the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get 48vdc (If not, we lost the Neg input) Nothing on this one.

It does worry me that you are getting know back up alarm as when that occurs after cable work that usually turns out to be a controller, but hopefully yours is something else..... the buzzer has been disconnected this is a hunting rig .

Old 09-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #29
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthru View Post
Lol! You have to change the font color if you are going to type in side the quotations.... I couldn't tell you did anything.....

So it looks like you have the Pos. Inputs since you are getting the pack voltage on the Blue wire, but your controller supplies the Neg. via the Blue w/White stripe wire. Controller may be gone.....
Old 09-19-2018, 08:08 PM   #30
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well financially that is bad. But I was going to upgrade controller and motor, reason for upgrading cable size, so I guess I'll spend the money now.
Just wish I knew where I went wrong.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car