lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2018, 07:14 AM   #11
Crusher803
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Slow cart

didnt see any problem with f/r switch, im hoping its the solenoid thats causing all my problems. one other though i had was maybe brushes need to be replaced in motor. Also, i use the same charger on another cart that has same batteries and it does fine.
Crusher803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2018, 08:23 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher803 View Post
I have 37.8 volts at pack when I came home today with no charging overnight. I hopped on it with no charging and it only ran 5 mph. I adjusted the ITS switch and that made no difference in speed, only made the solenoid more touchy. It is jerking too when pressing down pedal slightly. I let batteries charge for like 4 hrs today and the charger cut off. It still only ran 5 mph.
You obviously didn't adjust it in accordance with the manual. There are several adjustments.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:31 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher803 View Post
I do have that charger. I think batteries are full because I measured almost 39 volts after the charger cut off. I jacked up cart to do some testing and now the cart won’t go at all, all it does is click. I got 1.6 volts at white white, 13.7 at black, and 38-39 volts everywhere else. I toook f/r switch out and cleaned it but didn’t get a chance to put it back in tonight. Can’t pull an amp draw now. I ohmed all the wires out and they homing out good, I bypassed little 4 prong plug under controller the other day to fix one problem(white wire at controller didn’t have voltage).
Really hard to follow multiple random unrelated things at once. After charger cuts off, wait 12 hours and check voltage. Should be 38.2. Any other reading "after the charger cut off" is worthless. Once your battery situation is resolved, we can methodically, systematically troubleshoot the problem. Randomly bypassing things won't help you to understand the cart, not only now, but in the future.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:18 AM   #14
Crusher803
Not Yet Wild

sorry if i'm rambling, just i been trying for about 20-25 hrs to figure this thing out. i just checked pack voltage and its 38.5, i charged them yesterday. they been off charge for about 10 hrs.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Kewl. We were all impatient at first. Troubleshooting takes time, if you aren't familiar with that or electrical.

So we are good with charger and batteries. Good.

Are you sure it's a series cart? Mine is a 1998 series, but only had/has 4 pins. You said yours has 6 pins.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
Old 11-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

There's always this:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-posting.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...agnostics.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-testing.html

To answer your original post:

No need to unplug 1/2 speed reverse wire, but that was good to check. No need to plug it in until we've fixed the problem.

Solenoid warmer is OK. I assume you mean the body, and not the high amperage cables?

In general a solenoid either works or it doesn't. If it had high enough resistance to slow your cart to a crawl, it would have melted pretty quickly.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:59 AM   #17
Crusher803
Not Yet Wild

its a 6 pin plug but only 4 are used, white black orange red. all the cables were cool except solenoid was about 30 degrees warmer than cables.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:05 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

OK. Remove all bypasses and let's start from the beginning. First, find and remove this plug. It's a cause of much frustration, as it's often intermittent. It is located between the FNR and the controller, and connects the throttle box cable to the cart's wiring harness. Try and get it back to where your only problem is the slow speed. Since you messed with several things, it's hard to tell what caused which problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Molex.jpeg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

To clarify, cut and solder or butt splice each wire, one pair at a time, and use quality heat shrink tubing. Can get this at an automotive or marine parts store. No Radio Shack crap.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #20
Crusher803
Not Yet Wild

thats what i was meaning that i bypassed that plug with butt connectors, that was one of the problems.

Tags
ez go series txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO