lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #11
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Another charger ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
You ask him, I'm a scared

I think you’ll be ok [emoji52]

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2018, 02:58 AM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Well, here's my opinion....and remember this is coming from a retired guy who hates to screw around with "watching stuff". I like products that do "all" the work. If it makes my life easier.....that's prolly the product I will buy.

So, I read the Q&A part of the link...and this answer bothered me:The UBC41 will not turn off automatically when fully charged, but it does feature yellow and green LEDs to monitor charge rate, battery capacity and float status. The only time the UBC41 will shut down automatically is upon overheating, and will restart when cooled to the appropriate temperature.

To me, that states if you toss this charger on your batteries, and then fall asleep until the next morning, it may very well be possible that you have just cooked your FLA's via boiling. Remember....the charger stops if the CHARGER overheats.....not the batteries.

So, at $295 for a quality DPI, or $260 for a Yewy....both of which do the complete job without needing "watched"......and this unit is $210....for my money I'm not buying this UBC41. I'm not going to take the chance of forgetting to turn it off, or rely on a timer to work properly...if that is a route to go.

I'm not trying to be Nancy Negative here, and I know the UBC41 will go from 36v to 48v, but it just doesn't do what I want a FLA cart charger to do.

Dave
I'll agree with this. I'm not paying $200+ for a charger that won't turn off on its own. I could really use a charger that does 6,12, 24, 36 and 48. I ordered one of the cheaper BCPRO STANLEY chargers mentioned above. Hopefully I can use it at the beach for 36 and 48 volt carts, and it will work for charging jet ski batteries (12v) and anything else. I don't know if it will fully replace a regular cart charger but for the use I intend I'm hoping it will be OK.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #13
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Well, here's my opinion....and remember this is coming from a retired guy who hates to screw around with "watching stuff". I like products that do "all" the work. If it makes my life easier.....that's prolly the product I will buy.

So, I read the Q&A part of the link...and this answer bothered me:The UBC41 will not turn off automatically when fully charged, but it does feature yellow and green LEDs to monitor charge rate, battery capacity and float status. The only time the UBC41 will shut down automatically is upon overheating, and will restart when cooled to the appropriate temperature.

To me, that states if you toss this charger on your batteries, and then fall asleep until the next morning, it may very well be possible that you have just cooked your FLA's via boiling. Remember....the charger stops if the CHARGER overheats.....not the batteries.

So, at $295 for a quality DPI, or $260 for a Yewy....both of which do the complete job without needing "watched"......and this unit is $210....for my money I'm not buying this UBC41. I'm not going to take the chance of forgetting to turn it off, or rely on a timer to work properly...if that is a route to go.

I'm not trying to be Nancy Negative here, and I know the UBC41 will go from 36v to 48v, but it just doesn't do what I want a FLA cart charger to do.

Dave

Just my 2 cents but I read that as the charger won't shut off because it has a float mode, so why would you want it to shut off?
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
Just my 2 cents but I read that as the charger won't shut off because it has a float mode, so why would you want it to shut off?
You know.....I went back to the web site and looked at each Q&A that was posted there. This was one response:"The charger has a floating state it automatically switches over to when the battery is fully charged in order to avoid over-charging the battery."

So, apparently you are correct and this charger is not suppose to overcharge the battery pack.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #15
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Okay, what’s the verdict, do I give it a try?
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #16
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll let you know in a couple of days. I just ordered one,looks like a good back charger, plus I have a 36 volt cart and a 48 volt cart and a few 12 volt batteries
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:50 PM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
Okay, what’s the verdict, do I give it a try?
Knowing what I now know......I retract my previous statements as being un-informed and having bad reading comprehension. Heck....I can't even blame it on alcohol.

So, yeah.....doing what you want to do and going from 36V to 48V I'd give it a go.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #18
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Everybody that orders one please keep us updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:41 PM   #19
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

I was hoping for some feedback already (i'm very impatient lol!) I'm probably going to order one tonight and give my feedback as soon as I can.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:40 AM   #20
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just had mine delivered last night,I will try it out today after work. It looks good and it does have a float mode
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO