lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #1
William Thompson IV
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart will not go

1997 48v ds hunting biggie package from Carts Unlimited. This has now happened twice in 2-3 months. First time it happened was about 2 weeks after install of upgrades. I’ll be driving, let off the accelerator and than get no engagement of the solenoid. First time I was testing the solenoid getting power to all the right places. Repeated test multiple times and then all of a sudden the wheels started spinning while testing solenoid and accelerator. I went a head and put on a new potentiometer just in case. Carts been working great for 3 months and then today, driving, foot off the accelerator to take a turn and then nothing, solenoid has no engagement. Any thoughts?
William Thompson IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart will not go

Something intermittent in the solenoid activation circuit. You can only find a problem like this when the cart will not go. Carry a meter and see where the power is stopping; like F&R micro switch? V glide micro switch? keyswitch?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
William Thompson IV
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the advise. Went to check the cart with a meter and cart is working fine. I did nothing but put the cart on the charger overnight. FR switches seemed good. 17amps on them. Kinda perplexing
Old 11-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Thompson IV View Post
Thank you for the advise. Went to check the cart with a meter and cart is working fine. I did nothing but put the cart on the charger overnight. FR switches seemed good. 17amps on them. Kinda perplexing
Yes, the intermittent problems are the hardest to find. Had one like this, I drove it around the building for an hour before it failed and only then I was able to find the switch which was not working. (before it started working again!) I changed that switch and the customer had no more complaints.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 PM   #5
William Thompson IV
Not Yet Wild

So it happened again. But now it’s still not going at all. I went ahead and changed the key switch, all micro switches on the HD F&R, switched over to a MCOR4 from the factory potentiometer. Still not working Grrrr!! I figure maybe the solenoid?? When I press the accelerator the solenoid makes a humming soundkinda high on the pitch but low on the volume, if that makes sense.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:31 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you have the 48v permissives present and it is not activating (but it is humming), then the bridge in the solenoid is probably sticking (or coil is bad). Take the butt of a wooden hammer and tap firmly on the side of it. If you have the 48v + & - present, then it is definitely a solenoid issue (activation coil, bridge assembly, etc.)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:57 PM   #7
William Thompson IV
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advise. I went ahead and purchased a new solenoid, resistor and diode. I’ll post the results after the install.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:14 AM   #8
William Thompson IV
Not Yet Wild

Yup. It was the solenoid. New one on and back in business.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That is great!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car