lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2018, 07:49 AM   #1
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default E-Z-GO TXT 48 volt Need advise'

Local dealer has a E-Z-GO TXT for sale not running an no charger do not know the year. I am new to the E-Z-GO . Have had a few others. It is all stock looks like a fleet cart. He is selling it for $650. Looking for advise. I know this is a hard question to ask not knowing what is wrong (control, motor, batteries.???) Would this be a good one for a winter project.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-GO TXT 48 volt Need advise'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober11 View Post
Local dealer has a E-Z-GO TXT for sale not running an no charger do not know the year. I am new to the E-Z-GO . Have had a few others. It is all stock looks like a fleet cart. He is selling it for $650. Looking for advise. I know this is a hard question to ask not knowing what is wrong (control, motor, batteries.???) Would this be a good one for a winter project.
It just might get down to how much your willing to put in it to get it going. Not knowing what's wrong with it is a big if...at least to me.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:44 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I've bought a hundred non-running TXTs over the years. All of them were profitable - some just took more work than others. $650 is okay if the cart LOOKS good. Too much to pay if you have body damage. Expect to put $1000 into it and sell for $$$ or so depending upon your local market...

Also learn which drive system it has. If it's an 36v series cart it's going to be slow unless you convert to 48v and upgrade every component. If it's PDS you can sell as a street cart. So you need to know what carts are in demand in your area.
Sounds like you might get the old cart for $500.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #4
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

https://richmond.craigslist.org/rvd/...753886888.html Here is the ad. Does not look to bad.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

If I were looking to buy this cart, I'd go under the assumption that "everything" that makes it run needs replaced. (I believe you could just jack it up to give a manual test of the rear end.....but those Dana gears are pretty much indestructible.)

Then I'd put together a budget for a new 48V controller, 48V charger, batteries, cables, F\R switch, etc.

Then I'd look at the budgeted cost....add another 20-25% for unknowns, and see if I were happy with those numbers....and if that total cost is under what buying a used one in your area is.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #6
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

[QUOTE=DaveTM;1562013]If I were looking to buy this cart, I'd go under the assumption that "everything" that makes it run needs replaced. (I believe you could just jack it up to give a manual test of the rear end.....but those Dana gears are pretty much indestructible.)

Then I'd put together a budget for a new 48V controller, 48V charger, batteries, cables, F\R switch, etc.

Then I'd look at the budgeted cost....add another 20-25% for unknowns, and see if I were happy with those numbers....and if that total cost is under what buying a used one in your area is.

Thanks DaveTM Good advise I need to look at the big picture. Lot to think about. I am just getting in to carts. The electrical side of them is a little intimidating.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's a PDS cart. (no F&R lever) I'd grab it
Old 11-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #8
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes Scotty I hope it is a sepex drive. The cart I have now is series nice cart but I would like a little more speed.
Old 11-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #9
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well if you snooze you lose. Called an it was sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober11 View Post
Well if you snooze you lose. Called an it was sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not surprised....like I said, I would have taken it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO