lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
RacermanFL
Not Yet Wild

Default Jakes 3” Spindle Lift on RXV

Anyone have any personal experience on installing one of these a 3” lift on an RXV? The 6” Madjax i have is awesome but it’s just so darn high. I was thinking of lowering down a few inches with the Jakes But have read a few negative things about spindle lifts.
RacermanFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Jakes 3” Spindle Lift on RXV

Keep in mind that any "drop axle" type of kit, including spindle or axle, just drops the front axle thereby lifting the cart. But....on these types of kits you do not get anymore "travel" (allowable moment up and down of tires) than what is stock.....or about 3" of travel. An "A" frame type will give you 6" of travel.

On rougher surfaces it makes a big difference.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:05 AM   #3
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I've done a couple of the 3" spindle lifts. Both were Jakes and were very good quality. No issues at all with them after dialing in the toe on the front. 3" was about as high as I felt comfortable on the cart. Don't think I would want to try 6 on an RXV.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
jaydoc1975
Not Yet Wild

Just put a Jake's 3" lift on my 2016 RXV earlier this month. Install was straight forward(and I am by no means a mechanic). Feels very stable once front end is aligned. It does not feel top heavy at all. Keep in mind that mine tops out at 17mph because my son will be driving it as well and he doesn't need anymore speed than that. I did add 1.5" wheel spacers to the rear axles to match the widened front stance. I'm on 22" MadJax Timber Wolf AT tires if that helps.
jaydoc1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I installed a 3" Jakes spindle lift for a friend on his Precedent. Very easy install, but the negative thing was an increase of about 50% in turning radius. Terrible for tight maneuvering. So, my comment is really to find out from those who have installed one on a RXV, did you find the turning radius changing dramatically for the worse on those applications?

He eventually agreed to let me replace it with an All Sports 3" which cured the problem and made the cart drive great.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO