lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2019, 01:39 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 DS Charging way to long

I fixed the link, it looks like the site has profanity filters and the word d-a-m in the link triggered it (I just circumvented the filters by using the encoded version of the letter...)

I did not mean he is physically losing power, but that is how the OBC interprets no charging current while it senses the charger relay is plugged.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #22
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 DS Charging way to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
-snip-
I never tested and I never found any description exactly how often and for how long the "check for AC" process runs, so how do you know if it was the maximum charge timer or the AC timer that was still running?

I only argue to seek or convey knowledge, It does not bother me who is right
I think you know I have way too much respect for you to perceive this as an argument. I consider it just as you do, "information sharing".

To answer your question, I am not 100% sure. I was told that many years ago by the Club Car tech when I had my first issue of running and not charging. I showed him how it cut off. He and I found the fuse blown and he was the one that gave me my first manual and told me it would always time out at 16 hours to protect the pack and not overwork the charger in the event of an OBC failure.

Anytime they did not shut off, I would reset the OBC and either that corrected it or I had to replace the OBC. If they ran (or what I am calling run) and did not charge, it was either a fuse or B- wire broken.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car