lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2019, 11:25 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 04 Precedent Front End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
If I upgrade charger will I need to upgrade the obc and PD?
No, as Ft4m mentioned, the PD2 and OBC you have now combine to make your charging system. Albeit antiquated, it does still work. BUT, a "smart" charger adds many more layers to the capability portion of the charge. Profiles, data, updates, float capabilities, topping off, etc. etc. Once you convert to a smart charger, those 2 components are no longer needed.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2019, 12:53 AM   #22
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Great. Thanks guys. I charged the cart for 12 hrs straight I noticed it wasn’t fully charged but you could hear the batteries bubbling. It was driven for a few minutes and has sat ever since. The battery light had been coming on but hasn’t yet this time. How do I check the voltage of the whole pack?
Night Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #23
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Never unplug the pack unless it has exceeded 16 hours and not shut off.... The bubbling/gurgling is normal and is part of the reaction in the battery you need to hear occur. If you do not let them fully charge, they will sulfate and go bad prematurely.

You test the pack by taking your Digital Volt Meter (DVM) and placing the Black lead on the Main Pack Negative (MPN) and the Red lead on the Main Pack Positive (MPP). You should have ~50.93 volts 12 hours after your charge completed.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car