lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2019, 04:59 PM   #1
tunes
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2000 Club Car DS slow uphill

Hello All,
I've seen a few threads here about this issue. I just purchased our first golf car last week (2000 Club Car DS 48v). Just had new Trojan batteries put in 4/2018--and they have been tested to be good. I live in a neighborhood with hills and it is a slow walk pace going up the hills so i'm looking to improve upon that. I saw that the Plum Quick has mixed reviews so I was leaning more to an Admiral MOT-A1. Will just upgrading the motor give me what I need? Or do I need to get an Alltrax SR48400 also? Would I also need to upgrade the solenoid? Asking because I see on evdrivers theres a slight discount to order a kit with all of them but if I only need the motor I'll order just the motor. also open to any other suggestions.
tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car DS slow uphill

Are you sure it is a Series drive system. Just need to be sure with Regen 2's also out that year.

MOT-A1 is a speed motor and it sounds like you are looking for torque. Albeit an A1 with and SR500 or SR600 will give you substantially more power (torque) to maintain speed on those hills if you are not loaded down or pulling anything.

Look here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...-club-car-ds-i and then call David and solicit his thoughts and look for a package price if you are buying several things.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:23 PM   #3
tunes
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Are you sure it is a Series drive system. Just need to be sure with Regen 2's also out that year.

MOT-A1 is a speed motor and it sounds like you are looking for torque. Albeit an A1 with and SR500 or SR600 will give you substantially more power (torque) to maintain speed on those hills if you are not loaded down or pulling anything.

it's series, has the F/N/R knob and no run/tow switch.

I dont need breakaway flat speed, i just want to be able to get up hills at a decent speed and do it the most cost effective way.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:32 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you are good with what you have motor wise (which that is a good stock motor), then get a controller to bump up the torque and give you more power on the hills and inclines.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The stock motor in this cart was a weak representation of cart motors when it was new - 20 years ago.
A bigger controller will allow it to make more torque but the difference will be marginal IMO. This cart needs the whole drive system upgraded to get performance above golf course levels
Use a minimum 400 amp controller. 500 is best and the Admiral A1 motor. It will make a seat of the pants difference the passenger can feel.
For best results use a HD F&R, Alltrax control, HD soleoid, 2g cable set, A1 motor.
Shop around there are lots of site sponsors and off site sources that would be happy to have your business. Prices vary from store to store.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #6
tunes
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The stock motor in this cart was a weak representation of cart motors when it was new - 20 years ago.
A bigger controller will allow it to make more torque but the difference will be marginal IMO. This cart needs the whole drive system upgraded to get performance above golf course levels
Use a minimum 400 amp controller. 500 is best and the Admiral A1 motor. It will make a seat of the pants difference the passenger can feel.
For best results use a HD F&R, Alltrax control, HD soleoid, 2g cable set, A1 motor.
Shop around there are lots of site sponsors and off site sources that would be happy to have your business. Prices vary from store to store.
i actually sent you an email this morning.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:57 AM   #7
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the same model.
It’s a “Golf”cart.
Bigger cables will help some.
I found/installed a 36 volt motor
A great Upgrade. ::
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-48v-cart.html

For better performance ...
Upgrade Cables & motor (at a minimum)
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunes View Post
I dont need breakaway flat speed, i just want to be able to get up hills at a decent speed and do it the most cost effective way.
Get you a controller and you will be fine for your needs with the minimum investment. I have a total of six (6) series carts with a few of them only having a controller or motor upgrade as they are just neighborhood cruisers for family. When I wanted some more torque, I upgraded the controller and still have the OEM motors on both of them. If I wanted speed, I upgraded the motor. If I wanted to go all out or had specific needs, I went with whatever combination was required. If you want to make a full blown commitment (financially and materially) then absolutely go with a full drive upgrade and you can have a torque or speed monster or whatever you want.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #9
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

I built mine to climb trees, it's a 18 mph cart on the flat ground but I'm rarely passed pulling a grade.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #10
jdavila99999
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
I built mine to climb trees, it's a 18 mph cart on the flat ground but I'm rarely passed pulling a grade.

What set up do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdavila99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car