lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2019, 11:03 PM   #1
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

Default Need new solenoid- what’s compatible

I have a 2006 Ezgo txt pds and the solenoid has gone bad. I would like to replace it with a durable replacement but don’t plan on modifying the cart much in the future. Any suggestions on what solenoid to replace it with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buddha913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2019, 11:10 PM   #2
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need new solenoid- what’s compatible

Here is a photo of the old one.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:55 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Need new solenoid- what’s compatible

Hmmm- that looks like a 48v club car solenoid. Is your cart 36 or 48v? That’s probably not original but a solenoid is a solenoid, as long as the voltage is correct. A quick eBay search turned this up but I’d check with the sponsors first.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172872144421
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just get a 36 volt hd and you should be good to go

Here is a good start https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/solenoids
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:42 PM   #5
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

I also need to replace the battery cable that runs from the positive battery terminal to the solenoid. Should both connectors of that cable be 5/16?

Old 09-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #6
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Hmmm- that looks like a 48v club car solenoid. Is your cart 36 or 48v? That’s probably not original but a solenoid is a solenoid, as long as the voltage is correct. A quick eBay search turned this up but I’d check with the sponsors first.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172872144421

Thank you Luke. It’s a 36v cart. Maybe the solenoid was the wrong size. It’s from Mexico. Sometimes they work with what they have.

Old 09-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Look at the duty rating. The OEM solenoid for Ezgo is 50-60 amps, that's the minimum. You can use a bigger one but you're limited by the space between the solenoid bracket and the cover. The popular small 200 amp silver/black one will fit but failure rate is high due to studs rotating during installation which I documented years ago when I stopped selling it. Honestly if you are running the stock control a cheap $25 stock solenoid should do the job until you can replace both the control and solenoid with larger components and ditch the environmental cover. The cable will have two 5/16ths ends. The big 3/8ths ends are used on the 400 amp solenoids.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #8
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Look at the duty rating. The OEM solenoid for Ezgo is 50-60 amps, that's the minimum. You can use a bigger one but you're limited by the space between the solenoid bracket and the cover. The popular small 200 amp silver/black one will fit but failure rate is high due to studs rotating during installation which I documented years ago when I stopped selling it. Honestly if you are running the stock control a cheap $25 stock solenoid should do the job until you can replace both the control and solenoid with larger components and ditch the environmental cover. The cable will have two 5/16ths ends. The big 3/8ths ends are used on the 400 amp solenoids.

Thank you so much for the info,Scottieb. I had already ordered a his one. I wasn’t sure if you deliver to Mexico.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #9
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

Scottieb, Is that the one that you stopped selling? Can you deliver to Mexico? If so, I could cancel my order and order from you.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO