lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2019, 08:48 AM   #1
Mmelasi
Not Yet Wild

Question Battery life

I have a 2001 ezgo txt. When I purchased the cart a few years ago right off the bat I couldn’t go very far before the batteries would go dead and cart would not go fast. I replaced the batteries and wiring between batteries and I am still having the same issue. My cart goes 18 mph and on a full charge going full speed I get about 4 miles with 2 adults and 2 kids. Is this normal range or is there something going on? Thanks in advance
Mmelasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery life

No, that is not normal. If you have a multimeter, check the voltages of each battery. You might have a failing battery that is bringing down the rest of the pack. In my old marathon with 3 12v deep cycle batteries, I was getting minimum 10 miles.

I was having a similar issue in my PDS 36v when I was running oversized tires on the factory controller, but I was driving through fields with high grass and 4 big guys on the cart. I ended up overworking the factory controller and it was over heating.

Also, a little info about your cart would help, and the terrain you are riding on.
Is it lifted with oversized tires?
Are you riding on grass, gravel, or paved roads?

Any extra info on your cart will get you better answers.

Hope this helps and good luck.
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
Mmelasi
Not Yet Wild

The cart has stock rims and tires, no lift. Street use only. Have led lights for driving on road. I replaced the batteries and still have the same issue. I believe as was getting 6.7 volts on each battery when tested individually and completely disconnected.

Last edited by Mmelasi; 10-28-2019 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: Needed to add info
Mmelasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:25 AM   #4
Zincode
Getting Wild

Tell more about the replacement batteries. New or used? Brand? Location/type of business purchased from? I run 4 carts with total of 26 batteries, I have been doing this 15 years. I have tried all manner of saving money. Its come down to that I only run brand new Trojan batteries. This saves me money in time and cost of replacing less golf cart friendly batteries.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Zincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:01 PM   #5
hyper1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I went 12 miles the other day at 22 mph and it still showed 50v. So something is wrong.
hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, charging, distance, power, time
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO