lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2020, 08:10 AM   #1
boomboom9
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT Seat Belt Install

Looking for help installing rear seat belts on my 2016 EZGO TXT.

I was hoping to avoid drilling into the cart.

I attached several photos. Please let me know if you recognize the rear seat model or can recommend any seat belt kits that would fit this cart.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GC1.jpg (197.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GC2.jpg (201.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GC3.jpg (154.7 KB, 0 views)
boomboom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2020, 09:24 AM   #2
iwashmycar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT Seat Belt Install

I bought this one. It is really nice. It "clamps" to the uprights...In your case you may be able to use a longer bolt through where you have your two uprights bolted together, or maybe just bolt through where you have those two holes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Cart-R...72.m2749.l2649

The bar is 35" long. You can see the slots are from about 3.5-10" in and then 25.5-31.5. If that fits within the boundaries of your mounting holes then itll fit!

EDIT: It also looks like you could maybe use a kit without the bar...mount the retractors to the sides and then the clasps at those more middle bolts.
iwashmycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:11 AM   #3
boomboom9
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwashmycar View Post
EDIT: It also looks like you could maybe use a kit without the bar...mount the retractors to the sides and then the clasps at those more middle bolts.
Thanks for the help!

However, I'm not sure I follow you on installing the seat belts without a bar. I initially thought the same thing, but don't know how to actually do it, haha.

Particularly mounting the clasps to the middle bolts. I assume I could use a longer bolt on the sides for the retractors.
boomboom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:21 AM   #4
iwashmycar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah looking at it again, your middle seat supports are still pretty far apart so that would probably not feel very nice to wear if the belts were attached at those points. The bar really does put them in a nice spot. Plus you can buckle them together like in my photo so they dont rattle around if all or some of them are not in use.
iwashmycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO