lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
wohlbergt
Not Yet Wild

Default Regen 1 controller issues

I have a 1997 Regen 1 cart with the T shape controller. The cart was running fine with the main solenoid jumped. I replaced the solenoid and now I cannot get the cart to move at all.Jumping the solenoid again the cart will still not move. The battery pack is brand new and charged. I have a onboard summit charger and the OBC is bypassed.

When I turn the key the solenoid clicks. I double checked all of the wiring involving the solenoid per the manual. Voltage tests all read correctly. The solenoid does not time out as is mentioned in the manual.The reverse buzzer comes on but it is delayed and does not always come on.

I suspect that I somehow fried the controller but I just want to make sure I am not missing something before I figure out that my replacement options are. I also do not know how to test the potentiometer but I would be surprised if that went bad all of a sudden.

Please let me know of any other tests I should do before I replace the controller. I want to make sure if I go to all the work of replacing the controller that I am actually fixing my issue.
wohlbergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Regen 1 controller issues

If you jumped across the solenoid and the the throttle signal is present, you have lost the controller. And WOW! I have not seen an old T type in use in quit a while. I think Budule was the last I can remember.

You will most likely have to upgrade the harness to IQ and add a Run/Tow switch to get a XCT controller. Check with David at 706-431-3917 https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/contact He can tell you what you need and if I am missing any information.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:24 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Regen 1 controller issues

Like Nole said, more than likely the controller finally bit it. Kinda surprising to see one still around. They were so bad there was a factory retrofit kit that replaced that controller with one similar to the Regen 2 only like a year after they quit making the Regen 1 carts.

The best thing is probably to change out the whole harness with an IQ harness, upgrade the throttle control with an MCOR4 conversion kit, and install an Alltrax XCT IQ controller.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car