lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #1
TBH015
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default General Questions - 2008 Precedent

Hey guys - I bought a 2008 Precedent last week and am just now getting to play with it.

I replaced the batteries (four 12V batteries). It is lifted and has 22” RHOX rimes with tires on it.

1. There are 2 blue ports that are on the battery cables with nothing plugged into them. Any idea what that could be for? The cart does have tail lights that do not appear to be working. The front lights do work. Other thing is the buzzer doesn’t sound nor does the battery light come on when it is charging. Thought it is charging.

2. Also - sometimes after I start driving and I will stop, and when I gas it again it will not go - and it takes a few seconds of rocking, switching the cart on an off for it to get going again. There is clicking when I press the gas but no movement. Then all the sudden it will work again. I have read some about it being the MCOR but not sure which one I have of if I need to convert.

3. With the batteries out and in tow mode, it only rolls in reverse. Is that the normal? It is locked up if I try to push forward.

Thanks for your help.
TBH015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: General Questions - 2008 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBH015 View Post
Hey guys - I bought a 2008 Precedent last week and am just now getting to play with it.

I replaced the batteries (four 12V batteries). It is lifted and has 22” RHOX rimes with tires on it.

1. There are 2 blue ports that are on the battery cables with nothing plugged into them. Any idea what that could be for? The cart does have tail lights that do not appear to be working. The front lights do work. Other thing is the buzzer doesn’t sound nor does the battery light come on when it is charging. Thought it is charging. Need a pic to be sure, but in the battery bay should be a Black 10g wire with a Yellow butt connector on it that is for you to access at 48v Neg supply for an accessory.

2. Also - sometimes after I start driving and I will stop, and when I gas it again it will not go - and it takes a few seconds of rocking, switching the cart on an off for it to get going again. There is clicking when I press the gas but no movement. Then all the sudden it will work again. I have read some about it being the MCOR but not sure which one I have or if I need to convert. Is the clicking coming from beneath the floor board or behind the seat? One is in the MCOR and is by the pedal and the other click is the solenoid under the seat

3. With the batteries out and in tow mode, it only rolls in reverse. Is that the normal? It is locked up if I try to push forward. Not at all.

Thanks for your help.
See above
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
TBH015
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
See above
Clicking is coming from the pedals.

Weird that it won't roll forward in tow mode - now I am worried.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Clicking is coming from the pedals.
That would be the microswitch in your MCOR.
Quote:
Weird that it won't roll forward in tow mode - now I am worried.
Should roll freely unless something is broken loose in the brake drums. I would remove them and inspect the hardware and shoes.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:09 AM   #5
TBH015
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
See above
Narrowed it down a little more. I always hear clicking from under the pedals when I give it gas. When the cart runs and when it's "stuck". I only hear the clicking from the solenoid when I give it gas and it engages and runs, but not when it is "Stuck". Is this a sign of a faulty solenoid? I guess I should first ask if the clicking is bad or good. Trying to narrow down which part to order!

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Or a faulty permissive to the activation circuit of the solenoid. You need 48v + & - to close it in. If it fails again, why it is in the failed status, check to 2 small posts for 48 volts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car