lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2020, 04:05 PM   #1
blindly
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 precedent broken wire

Hello everybody, I've been lurking and reading a lot of posts and learning lots. I've had my cart for about 2 years and it's time to change the batteries. I took the old batteries out and under the driver side rear battery I found this wire pinched and broken. The wire comes out the same hole as the main harness but I have no idea what it goes to. The cart has always run fine since I've owned it so I am going to assume it is not all that important? I would just like to know if it needs to be repaired or if I can just leave it as is. Thank you all in advance for your help,
Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0326.jpg (88.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0327.jpg (75.2 KB, 0 views)
blindly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2020, 06:25 PM   #2
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2012 precedent broken wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindly View Post
Hello everybody, I've been lurking and reading a lot of posts and learning lots. I've had my cart for about 2 years and it's time to change the batteries. I took the old batteries out and under the driver side rear battery I found this wire pinched and broken. The wire comes out the same hole as the main harness but I have no idea what it goes to. The cart has always run fine since I've owned it so I am going to assume it is not all that important? I would just like to know if it needs to be repaired or if I can just leave it as is. Thank you all in advance for your help,
Rick
Looks like a fuse holder. Should be replaced.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:27 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Can you trace the wire down and see where it goes to. Red is usually a hot wire with voltage on it. You need to find where it goes. It could drain your batteries or worse it could cause a fire.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:23 AM   #4
blindly
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys. I will try to trace it down after work today and see what I can find.
blindly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car