lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #1
Levib91
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 Precedent IQ 48V hesitates when pedal is pressed

Hello Everyone, I recently was given a 2004 Precedent IQ and am having issues when I first press the pedal. Sometimes when the pedal is pressed the cart will go like normal and other times I have to hold down the pedal for about 10 - 15 seconds before the solenoid engages and the cart begins to move.

When the pedal is pressed I can hear the micro-switch in the pedal MCOR engage. I have tested the solenoid and MCOR according to the service manual and the readings are correct. The batteries are also brand new.

Any suggestions or advice on how to solve this issue would be helpful.

Thanks
Levib91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2020, 11:13 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Precedent IQ 48V hesitates when pedal is pressed

Hod did you test it and what was your results?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:14 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Open up the floor and unplug the 2pin connector with the Blue/Green wires. Install a paperclip jumper in that connector and try it again.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:49 AM   #4
Levib91
Not Yet Wild

Below is how I tested the MCOR. It is straight from the service manual. I will try to paper clip test this afternoon.

MCOR Voltage

2. With the batteries connected, place Tow/Run switch in RUN. Using a multimeter set to 200 volts DC, place red (+) probe on battery no. 1 positive post and place black (–) probe (with insulation-piercing probe) on the purple wire at a point close to the three-pin connector at the MCOR. The reading should be approximately 48-50 volts (full battery voltage).

4. With multimeter set to 20 volts DC, place the black (–) probe on battery no. 4 negative post and the red(+) probe (with insulation-piercing probe) on the white/black wire at a point close to the three-pin connector at the MCOR. The reading should be approximately 4.65 volts.

6. With multimeter set to 20 volts DC, place the black (–) probe on battery no. 4 negative post and the red(+) probe (with insulation-piercing probe) on the no. 18 yellow wire at a point close to three-pin connector at the MCOR. The reading should be approximately 0.32 volts with the pedal up. Slowly press the accelerator pedal and note the readings on the multimeter. As the pedal is pressed, the reading should increase until it reaches 4.65 volts when the pedal is fully pressed.

MCOR limit switch

5.1. With batteries connected and using a multimeter set to 200 volts DC, place the black (–) probe on the battery no. 4 negative post and place the red (+) probe (with insulation-piercing probe) on the green wire close to the two-pin connector on the MCOR.

5.4.1. Using a multimeter set to 200 volts DC, place black (–) probe on battery no. 4 negative post and the place red (+) probe (with insulation-piercing probe) on the blue wire where it connects to the MCOR. With the key switch ON, the reading should be approximately 48 volts (full battery voltage)

5.4.4. Using a multimeter set to 200 volts DC, place the black (–) probe on the battery no. 4 negative post and place the red (+) probe (with insulation-piercing probe) on the green wire where it connects to the MCOR. With the Tow/Run switch in the RUN position, the key switch ON, the Forward/Reverse rocker switch in NEUTRAL and the accelerator pedal pressed, the reading should be approximately 48 volts (full battery voltage)
Old 06-08-2020, 07:26 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Baring a loose connection somewhere, the MCOR MS sounds the culprit, but the testing would only prove it if it were in the faulted position when testing. Thus the reason I said try the jumper. Other then that, I would next look at a bad (sticking or weak) solenoid....
Old 06-08-2020, 09:07 AM   #6
Levib91
Not Yet Wild

One thing I did forget to mention is that the issue seems to happen more when I first ride the cart for the day. Once it starts working, it seems to work until it sits for awhile again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car