lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2020, 08:00 AM   #1
Mountaineerfan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Parking brake not catching on second click

When pushing brake down to set parking it no longer engages the lock down. It looks like in another thread it's a part called a pawl possibly that is warn down. Does anyone know how hard it is to replace that part? I'm not super mechanical minded but have changed the mcor(which is when the brake stopped working correctly) and brake pads on my 2016 precedent.
Mountaineerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Parking brake not catching on second click

Fairly easy, but call David at Revolution 706-431-3917 and he should have the part
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:46 PM   #3
19thHole
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My brake was playing up like this. Took the assembly out and gave it a squirt with WD40. Works a treat now.
19thHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:03 AM   #4
Mountaineerfan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys.
Mountaineerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:06 PM   #5
JWreck
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Parking brake not catching on second click

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19thHole View Post
My brake was playing up like this. Took the assembly out and gave it a squirt with WD40. Works a treat now.

What assembly did you squirt? I’m having the same problem after installing new rear springs.
JWreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:04 AM   #6
19thHole
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
What assembly did you squirt? I’m having the same problem after installing new rear springs.
I took the pedal assembly out and sprayed the park brake ratchet. It was pretty filthy with some mild surface corrosion. All the teethe were beefy as (unlike the handbrake in my car which were mashed beyond recognition).
I would press the pedal and it would just let go or not catch on full lock allowing the buggy to roll. Would have to press again and again to get it to work. Now...first time, every time with full lock.

I'm no expert but you may need to adjust the tension if it's just happened after new springs. I'm about to upgrade mine so you've given me the heads up on that one.
19thHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:03 AM   #7
JWreck
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19thHole View Post
I took the pedal assembly out and sprayed the park brake ratchet. It was pretty filthy with some mild surface corrosion. All the teethe were beefy as (unlike the handbrake in my car which were mashed beyond recognition).
I would press the pedal and it would just let go or not catch on full lock allowing the buggy to roll. Would have to press again and again to get it to work. Now...first time, every time with full lock.

I'm no expert but you may need to adjust the tension if it's just happened after new springs. I'm about to upgrade mine so you've given me the heads up on that one.

Ah, got it. I didn’t actually change much - it would have added about 1/2” overall, and I would have honestly expected them to be more tight, not looser.

I’m going to pop the floor today and check the cables.
JWreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car