lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
mattkovo
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Amp draw with Alltrax controller

How many amps are people actually seeing on launch with their controllers? My 500a controller and Trojan t875 battery pack only gets up to 230amps or so for a second and then goes down to 130a after about a second. I’m running 6-8v batteries. My controller is set to 500a max battery amps. 22” tires. Admiral A2 motor. 2awg cables. Thanks.
mattkovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Amp draw with Alltrax controller

I keep meaning to do one more monitor file run on 48v to show the difference between the amp draw. But my data when my cart was 36v with 22" tires (measured) on flat pavement at takeoff the stock motor topped out at 375.5 amps and the D&D topped out at 492.3 amps. Keep in mind this is for a split second (I am assuming about a 3.2Hz rate on the Alltrax data logging) and at 36v, at 48v it should drop a decent amount. With those same two motors, stock and D&D, the average amperage at full throttle was 47 amps and 107 amps respectively at 36v.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:55 PM   #3
mattkovo
Not Yet Wild

I’m running 22” tires and on flat ground. 6” lift.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #4
mattkovo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Daddy View Post
I keep meaning to do one more monitor file run on 48v to show the difference between the amp draw. But my data when my cart was 36v with 22" tires (measured) on flat pavement at takeoff the stock motor topped out at 375.5 amps and the D&D topped out at 492.3 amps. Keep in mind this is for a split second (I am assuming about a 3.2Hz rate on the Alltrax data logging) and at 36v, at 48v it should drop a decent amount. With those same two motors, stock and D&D, the average amperage at full throttle was 47 amps and 107 amps respectively at 36v.
Thanks! This is exactly what I’m looking for. I would be interested to see the 48v stats.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good info right there One of the great misconceptions of electronic speed controller is that the speed controller powers or send power to the motor.
The speed controller actually allows the motor access rather than sends power to the motor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:03 AM   #6
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkovo View Post
How many amps are people actually seeing on launch with their controllers? My 500a controller and Trojan t875 battery pack only gets up to 230amps or so for a second and then goes down to 130a after about a second. I’m running 6-8v batteries. My controller is set to 500a max battery amps. 22” tires. Admiral A2 motor. 2awg cables. Thanks.
My Admiral A4 motor peaks a tad over 340 amps at punch take off and levels out between 270 - 290 on a constant road hill climb at WOT. Keep in mind a motor hp is equivalent to approx. 745 watts no matter what the voltage is. At that 230 amp draw and your pack is fully charged at ~51 volts, your A2 motor is producing over 15 peak hp for a split second. On a fully charged 36 volt system at 38.2 volts that A2 motor would draw over 290 amps at punch take off.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car