lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2020, 04:11 PM   #1
stealthmike
Not Yet Wild

Default Stealth Patriot 4x4 decision

I need some advice. I'm very new to the side-by-side/utv/golf cart world. I've been given a free Stealth Patriot 4x4 that has sat outdoors for 3-5 years and not used. I have no idea what all it might need but it definitely needs 4 new tires and 2 batteries are missing.

Here are my questions:

1. How should I go about testing it?
2. Is it worth the risk to buy all new batteries and tires just to see if it still runs or what else it needs?
3. Should I sell it for what I can get and invest elsewhere?

Thanks!
stealthmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2020, 04:43 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Stealth Patriot 4x4 decision

Welcome Mike! I also have a Patriot and I love it for hunting, riding in the woods. I paid $4k couple of years ago and was happy with what I got. They are pretty basic, parts have been fairly easy to get. I would take to a local cart place, ask them to check your batteries, "borrow" 2 - 6 volt batteries to see what it'll do. If you want it for in the woods, it's hard to find anything that is electric that beats it....short of spending $14,000. It does have a stiff ride, so if you want a cart for just riding around neighborhood, you may want to trade for good used golf cart. I have an old EZGo TXT that I ride around the house/neighborhood because it rides smoother, easier to drive. Any parts you need, Call Southern Stealth Parts in Bugalusa, LA. They good about sending parts right out. Nice folks.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:47 PM   #3
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Did you get the onboard charger with it? Why has it been sitting for 3-5 years? You probably will need to clean up the connections if it's been outside all that time. If motor and controller is still good, you got a steal.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:53 PM   #4
stealthmike
Not Yet Wild

Hey Bama Brad, thanks for the quick response. Taking it to a cart shop and letting them test sounds like a great idea. It won't be used too heavily off-road but it won't see many, if any, neighborhood streets either. The idea is to use it around our new home and 10+ acres. I will bookmark the parts dealer for future reference.

Yes, it has the onboard charger. A business bought it to be used by the foreman of their building construction project. After the completion, they parked it and it never moved again. Maybe the cart repair place can assist with connection clean up. Yeah, it seems like a good deal even if I have to replace batteries and tires but I didn't want to do that and it still not run, so having it tested first would be great.
stealthmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 03:07 PM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I would be surprised if there is anything major wrong with it if it was just parked and let sit. Of course the batteries are probably not any good (or will not last much longer) because they were not taken care of for a long time. If they hook it up and everything works, you got a steal!!
Old 07-11-2020, 09:23 PM   #6
atv123
Not Yet Wild

I also have an old Stealth Nighthawk 72v 4x4 Electric Only (I believe 2014). I haven’t tried it since batteries are likely dead and missing a key.

1. Where can I get a manual to learn about it? I can’t find much online other than specs and a few ads.
2. For a new 2 position key ignition, will any ignition work or does it need a 72v and high amp rating?
atv123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:41 PM   #7
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would put a trickle charger on those batteries...My cart came with a 2007 battery...13 years old, dead as a door nail...my normal charger wouldn't even recognize a battery was hooked up to it...had to grab another old battery that had partial charge, hook it up in series to the charger with the dead battery for 20 mins...then just the old battery, and overnight, its back to new. Holds a full charge. Worth a shot anyway.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:09 AM   #8
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by atv123 View Post
I also have an old Stealth Nighthawk 72v 4x4 Electric Only (I believe 2014). I haven’t tried it since batteries are likely dead and missing a key.

1. Where can I get a manual to learn about it? I can’t find much online other than specs and a few ads.
2. For a new 2 position key ignition, will any ignition work or does it need a 72v and high amp rating?
They never put out a manual that I know of. I think they based there origional design from a modified Club Car with more and more modifications. I would think any key switch would work. Southern Stealth Parts in Buglusa, LA have been a lot of help to me. Last I looked, their website wasn't working so I call or email them. They have access to all the parts I have needed so far.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:40 AM   #9
atv123
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I will try a standard 2pole ignition switch - im new to electric carts. There is a 3 prog AC plug to the lower left of the steering wheel. Is this where I plug into normal 120v/20a wall outlet to charge (once new batteries are installed or fixed old ones properly)? Ive read some carts require a special charger? Im planning to disconnect batteries and trickle charge each individually for a day and then run a battery tester on them.

There is also a muli-prong outlet under driver seat (with cable) I believe this is a 12v outlet for the winch and other 12v electronics. I read somewhere that it is 120w max, correct?

I will post pictures and try to map out the electronics/wiring to help others if there is no manual. It seems simple compared to gas carts but I want to be careful with the 72 voltage vs standard 12v
atv123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:59 AM   #10
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I have a 2009 Stealth Patriot, so I'm not sure about your plugs.. Mine has on board charger with plug attached in dash. You can follow wires to determine where it goes. There are guys on this forum that have Nighthawks that maybe able to help. Or call and talk with Alan at Southern Stealth Parts...he will know. 985-241-5345

Tags
stealth
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car