lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2020, 01:09 PM   #1
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Angry ONE Squeaky Strut...Help!

I’ve got a 2016 Club Car Precedent. I’ve had it for a few weeks and now the front passenger strut has started to squeak and drive me crazy. I can’t duplicate the issue on the driver side strut. I’ve tried WD40 on the roof bolts and some other areas but nothing has worked. The only difference with this strut is it is the strut the builder ran the roof lights through but I don’t think that would cause the squeaking. When standing in front of the cart, I push on the strut and I can duplicate this squeak but can’t figure out if it’s coming from the roof area, where the windshield is attached to the strut, or where the strut attaches to the vehicle at the bottom. Any help is greatly appreciated. Is this common?
SakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2020, 05:43 PM   #2
Mariner79
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: ONE Squeaky Strut...Help!

Hey Sak. Mine used to squeak too. Like you I tried wd40. I ended up cutting out thin rubber pads to go between both the support and roof and the supports and body mounts. Still squeaked a little. Being afflicted with a touch of OCD, I couldn't let it go. I ended up putting nylon washers in everywhere (roof set-up and rear seat). Not sure where it was but it is gone now. Do you have a flip down windshield? Might be there too. Hope this helps.
Mariner79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:56 PM   #3
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner79 View Post
Hey Sak. Mine used to squeak too. Like you I tried wd40. I ended up cutting out thin rubber pads to go between both the support and roof and the supports and body mounts. Still squeaked a little. Being afflicted with a touch of OCD, I couldn't let it go. I ended up putting nylon washers in everywhere (roof set-up and rear seat). Not sure where it was but it is gone now. Do you have a flip down windshield? Might be there too. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info! Yes I do have a flip down windshield...think that is causing the squeak?
SakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:30 AM   #4
wienerdog63
Not Yet Wild

Try process of elimination. Take the windshield off and try to duplicate the squeak.
wienerdog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car