lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 ezgo rxv no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Barton View Post
does anyone know if the voltage converter on the drivers side goes out, will that cause the cart to not run? I get no power out on the converter.
I have seen a bad dc converter stop a cart. That can be ruled out by simply unplugging the DC converter & trying the cart again.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #12
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I disconnected the resistor wire from the controller per the troubleshooting guide, now the cart powers up, and the lights work, but still will not go. I am assuming at this point replacing the resistor control module should fix the problem
Dave Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #13
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

replaced the resistor control module, cart will still not go, motor brake not clicking as part of start up sequence.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:20 PM   #14
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay, so after retesting everything at start up I have no park brake engagement, no reverse buzzer, and no brake lights. Seems everything in 5v circuitry is out of range. Resistor coil is at .6 ohms, and guide says should be .2-.5 ohms. I wouldn't think that enough to cause the other stuff to not work at start up, but who knows? Looks like maybe controller replacement is required. Anyone out there concur?
Old 07-24-2020, 07:31 PM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

I would try & find a way to run diagnostics on it with the curtis handheld before I just dropped several hundreds on a controller that we arent sure at all is the problem. I think you can rent a handheld on Ebay.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:35 PM   #16
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a known working danaher controller which I put in and it did not change anything. I have no power to motor brake, no brake lights, no reverse buzzer at start up
Old 07-24-2020, 10:44 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I would try & find a way to run diagnostics on it with the curtis handheld before I just dropped several hundreds on a controller that we arent sure at all is the problem. I think you can rent a handheld on Ebay.
Oops, I clearly made a mistake here, you have a danaher, not a curtis. I dont know many people who have that handheld, but any ezgo dealer who sells rxv should.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:28 AM   #18
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yes, they want me to take it to their service department to be diagnosed and repaired. The cart will not move unless I remove the motor brake. They want $150 to pick the cart up. Two weeks backlog. The same people that wanted $754 for the resistor control module
Old 07-25-2020, 08:36 AM   #19
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Barton View Post
yes, they want me to take it to their service department to be diagnosed and repaired. The cart will not move unless I remove the motor brake. They want $150 to pick the cart up. Two weeks backlog. The same people that wanted $754 for the resistor control module
OMG
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:42 PM   #20
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay, so to update progress on the RXV: I have used my wife's RXV as a parts vehicle since she is out of town. The brake sensor was bad which I have replaced with a good one, Now, I have brake lights and the brake will engage/disengage only in tow mode. I had 5 volts to the encoder bearing but thought it might be the culprit, so I switched the motor with a known working unit. Still the same result. I switched out the S.O.C. meter and key switch, no help. So, even though I have fixed some problems and gotten closer, still no go. At start up, I get solenoid engage then disengage. Maybe Bob Boyce can help?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO