lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2020, 07:33 AM   #11
Melocco
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: emergency battery for 2010 pres. 48 volt

The flowers are/were plants. And the pool is for the ducks. No matter how much you clean it, they mess it up. Lol..

As far as new, maybe three charges total. First from the guy that sold it to me and then they've ran out twice. I've only charged it twice so far. My other cart died (1988 ezgo 32 volt) so I had to get this one.
Melocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2020, 07:50 AM   #12
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

I am no expert but you have got to get on a good charging schedule and fully understand when your batteries are approaching 50% state of charge (SOC). Go to the sticky section and read the post Everything to do with Batteries and especially read the part about new battery break in. I hope you haven't already shortened the life of your batteries but I suspect if you get on it now you will get a good long life out of the batteries.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:14 AM   #13
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

Agree with yensid camper....Check out the sticky's. A lot of good info from xperts. If I'm not driving my cart, it's plugged in. In winter I'll trickle charge it, or take it for a spin once a week with regular charging. If your batteries aren't hurt by the new charging....you just got cheep info, and a cheep fix, without spending $200 for a thoughtful idea. Good luck!
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:23 AM   #14
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat pack cart View Post
By the way...your flowers need water and your pool needs cleaned.lol:
Now that's just funny right there!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:48 PM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melocco View Post
Sorry. As far as the amount of usage, in three days I drove it possibly 15-20 miles. The gauge on the cart (battery gauge) showed it had over half when I took off the last ride. Going up that hill, it shot down to close to empty and then stopped.. It hesitated just alittle before, but showed no sign it was dead. I guess I could just charge the batteries every night. But I was told not too by the guy that sold me the cart

Type of batteries are us. I don't know the exact model number.
Like Gator said, there is your problem. Also, those gauges are pretty useless. if you want one install a digital one.

The guy who sold you the cart is wrong about charging. Keep it plugged in when not in use.

Also a good idea to get a hand held digital voltage meter if you own an electric cart.

Just keep it charged and forget about that extra battery.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 04:44 PM   #16
Melocco
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not sure if you can tell if the batteries are bad with this shot, but I attached a screen shot of the Lester dashboard.

I'll start charging it every night. That way I won't have to worry about it.

Thanks for the helpful advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200725-174127.jpg (36.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200725-174539.jpg (34.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-25-2020, 05:15 PM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The "dashboard" tells us next to nothing really. They're charging but it tells us nothing about the overall health of the batteries. To put it simply, if you got 20 miles and they were flat dead, You need new batteries. The entire pack. And you need to charge them after every use.

Adding one jumper battery to a string of dead batteries is just not going to work.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:03 PM   #18
Melocco
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for your help. I'll talk to the guy I bought it from. It may be batteries.

This Pic is from when I got it back and hooked up the charger. If I'm looking at this right, it was dead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200724-184303.jpg (37.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-25-2020, 07:22 PM   #19
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

The main thing everyone wants to make clear is, if you back it out of the garage to sweep up some leaves, when you put it back in garage, plug it back in. It should always be plugged in after any movement and no further use that day.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:31 PM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melocco View Post
Thank you for your help. I'll talk to the guy I bought it from. It may be batteries.

This Pic is from when I got it back and hooked up the charger. If I'm looking at this right, it was dead.
Don't want to sound like a smart A. But you said it had new batteries.

Do you think the guy you bought it from is going to buy you new batteries?

Obviously the ones you have are not, and perhaps damaged from what you have done. Let us know how this plays out.

Please don't shoot the messenger(s). LOL.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car