lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2020, 06:06 PM   #1
germandude890
Not Yet Wild

Default '98 TXT DCS lost all power mid ride, solenoid clicks

Hey Guys, Im going to link my previous thread to this one but I wanted to start a new one because its a new problem.

Previously I purchased a run down 98 TXT DCS that would shake going up a hill (if it could even make it). You guys were spot on. A new set of US Battery 125s and I was up and running. Installed a DVM in the dash connected straight to the batteries and we were great 38+V settled on a full charge and 34V going up one of the steepest hills i know with 3 people. Did a few runs over the next week anywhere from a few hundred yards to maybe 5 miles. Today at mile 3? 4? we were flat and i stopped to look at something. I hit the pedal and nothing.

Heres what i know:

The batteries are good.
I hear a click when i first press the pedal.
I hear a click when i switch to neutral
No click when i press the gas subsequent times after the first click.
Reverse is same as forward.

As i mentioned in my previous post this was supposed to be a budget cart and I would like to keep it this way but i am open to suggestions as long as i can make a bit of money when i flip it in 6-12 months.

Previous post for continuity:
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=166856
germandude890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
germandude890
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '98 TXT DCS lost all power mid ride, solenoid clicks

I have an update. When we went to pick it up yesterday evening i turned the run/tow switch back to run and hit the gas. it moved about 3 feet and then stopped again. Later on i was able to try this trick again and it ran for about 150 yards through my yard then stopped.

I plan to get some numbers using a DVM but it is currently working. Will all my numbers with the DVM be ok? should i run it until it stops again to diagnose?

or do you guys already know whats wrong? if it is the controller then i plan to source a decent priced alltrax400 somewhere.
germandude890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO