lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
Binderman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Older Marathon charging port upgrade?

Is there a better charger end and socket for these older carts? Mine is currently the Anderson Power Products style SB 50 quick connects.

Reason for asking about upgrade is it seems like the later 2 pin indexed style is easier to get inserted. The wifey can get ours plugged in but I usually have to go out and wiggle it to make the charger start charging.

Recommendations?

Thanks all!!!
Binderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2020, 04:11 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Older Marathon charging port upgrade?

You can use about any kind of plug in you want. You just have to use the right wires. On a older cart you only need the White & black wires to be hooked up in most cases. Some require others depending on the charger.
You can buy the handles for the SB-50 connector as well to make it more user friendly.

I have even put Ezgo plug ins on Club cars when I needed to.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:12 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Older Marathon charging port upgrade?

The SB50 connector is equal to or better than the D plug. It's good for 36 or 48 volts too.
I would suggest new SB50 ends in the cart and on the charger. They are cheap on Amazon
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:23 PM   #4
Binderman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the handle on the charger like above. Its been a sleep or two since I bought the cart and got it moving. I think I replaced the charger connector but not the cart connector shortly after buying it.

I'll start with the cart connector and see where that gets me.

Thanks all!!!
Binderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 03:25 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

2 fresh connectors is "the cats meow". A tiny amount of "lube" wont really hurt either. I prefer to use "non-flammable" for that (like 'zepreserve'), but we all have WD-40. Just a drop for each connector, dont "hose it down" with spray.

Zepreserve is "like" wd-40 in it's useful ways, but it will not catch fire even with a butane torch, good stuff. (Specs may list a flame point, but even mapp gas doesnt just light it). I like it for electromechanical stuff like ezgo f&r switches, wont burn.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO