lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need Help Identifying this Nut (Picture)

Hi team,
I'm doing some wiring under my 2016 RXV's cowl, and I noticed I'm missing a nut. In my case there are two nuts, the first attaches to upper shock to the frame. The bolt is long and with washers the front plastic brush guard is attached.

I went to Lowes with one and I swear it was a 3/8" nut. While the 3/8" nut basically goes on, it doesn't go on all the way and will ultimately spin the entire bolt.

So just looking for what the specs on this nut are and/or where to buy one.

DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2020, 02:00 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Need Help Identifying this Nut (Picture)

Metric, my friend. 10mm/1.5mm thread pitch. I have a tap for that at work (since ezgo is so good at cross-threading the front roof support bolts on the assembly line). A good majority of rxv bolts are the same. If it has a 15mm head, and doesnt thread directly into plastic, it's that size.

Heres 2 options for factory hardware.

One is for a single nut. The other is the "roof install hardware kit", which includes a good handful of the nuts & bolts used on a rxv, useful all over a rxv.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201002_001409.jpg (43.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201002_001431.jpg (63.6 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:46 AM   #3
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Metric, my friend. 10mm/1.5mm thread pitch. I have a tap for that at work (since ezgo is so good at cross-threading the front roof support bolts on the assembly line). A good majority of rxv bolts are the same. If it has a 15mm head, and doesnt thread directly into plastic, it's that size.

Heres 2 options for factory hardware.

One is for a single nut. The other is the "roof install hardware kit", which includes a good handful of the nuts & bolts used on a rxv, useful all over a rxv.
Haha, you know I thought the whole time, I bet this is metric, but it's a US made cart and seems like everything else I run into is Imperial. I had no problem with the deep socket driving it.

Thanks!!!
Old 10-02-2020, 07:58 AM   #4
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Seriously, thank you so much, was able to get some on Amazon with same day delivery. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 10-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #5
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Also, for those wondering, somehow Dropbox keeps deleting my public links, here's the original image as I can't edit the original post:

Old 10-03-2020, 02:44 PM   #6
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks again, we're all set now:

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO