lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2020, 08:15 AM   #11
Mscofelia85
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Takes off fast but slow top speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
Guys, is it possible that he's in limp mode? Either way, $300 for a cart? That's an absolutely smoking hot deal. To the OP: most CC keys are the same, so your local dealer will have it. Depending on what you plan on doing with the cart overall (where you're going to park it, etc), you may want to upgrade the lock cylinder to one with a better key. I used one from a Sportster and am happy with it, but there are other options...even better Club Car branded ones.
Wakko how do I get it out of limp mode? It did sit up for a while with out them even messing with it, and the batteries were completely dead when I picked it up. I thought it was a **** good deal myself LoL....... thanks fo all your help guys. I will look into a real keyed switch. Someone had told me most CC use the same key, I was actually worried about that LoL!
Mscofelia85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2020, 08:18 AM   #12
Mscofelia85
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Fingers crossed that it is a Q model, overall I’m just gonna lift it, with 22 or 23” tires, make it look good again. It’s just gonna be used as a neighborhood/beach cruiser nothing to wild.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:28 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

"Limp Mode" (50% power) is what happens if the speed sensor is not working properly.

I would go with the speed magnet as it is a better option.

Since you seem to have removed the magnet easily, I am guessing You have the black ADC motor with the "Top Hat" style speed sensor.

That puts your cart after 2005 and before 2008.5.

Club Car issues a new Serial Number with the year it was refurbished, but You need to look at the original Serial Number for the year it was manufactured for hardware parts compatibility.

Make sure you get a quality speed sensor for a site sponsor like RevolutionGolfCars.com

If You are going to lift the cart a new controller is in your near future
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:29 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you have a locksmith near you the key is an Ilco cc1..

Update. If you are going to order from David tell him that you need a couple of keys.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:56 AM   #15
Mscofelia85
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sergio thanks bro, yes it is a top hat style speed sensor. I'll verify the original serial number, then I'll be going to RevolutionGolfCars.com. I guess ill go ahead and loo at a speed controller as well LoL
Old 10-06-2020, 08:58 AM   #16
Mscofelia85
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If you have a locksmith near you the key is an Ilco cc1..

Update. If you are going to order from David tell him that you need a couple of keys.
I think the CC dealer is just as close as a lock smith to me LoL
Old 10-06-2020, 11:43 AM   #17
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mscofelia85 View Post
.... I guess ill go ahead and look at a speed controller as well ....
A controller will give you a much better speed improvement than a "speed" magnet.
Not sure about others, but a speed magnet is useless with an Alltrax controller.
I first installed a PQ Bandit that had a speed magnet and got an increase of 3-4 mph.
With the Alltrax I got around 12 mph over stock.
In the Alltrax setup menu it asks for 4-pole or 8-pole speed sensor magnet and it must be set correctly.
I think it works by faking out a stock controller that it is only going half as fast as it really is going.
The stock controller is still limited to a max of around 250 amps.
A 400-500 amp controller will provide a lot more power.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The "speed magnet" is a cheap solution to increase the speed of an stock IQ controller.

If You need increased performance, You need to start with the controller since the stock ADC motor is capable of better torque and speed with a controller that can deliver more amps and a more aggressive field map like the Alltrax.

The ADC motor however will not deliver much more horsepower so if you need to go fast up a hill (or fast with an increased load/tires/terrain), you will also need a new motor.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car