lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #1
Mslice09
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G29 Solenoid comparability

Hello all,
I’m the new owner of a 2010 Yamaha G29 48 volt cart that has a Jake lift and oversized tires along with a Navitas 600 amp controller. It stopped working the second day that my daughters were driving around on the asphalt roads in our neighborhood. I have read as much as I can and believe the problem is the solenoid. I can press the accelerator pedal and hear the solenoid “click” and I get 48 volts reading on my multimeter when I check the smaller sized studs on the solenoid. There is a 0.00 voltage reading on the larger studs on the solenoid when I press the accelerator pedal. I called the local Yamaha cart repair shop and they sold me a Chris Products #0118 starter solenoid 48 volts that says it is for “Yamaha G19 only”. I still have a golf cart that will not move when I put this solenoid on to replace the old Trombetta 114-4811–020-07 48 volts solenoid that I removed from the cart. My question is the Chris Products the Yamaha dealership sold me the wrong solenoid for my cart since it is a G29 and that’s why I’m not getting any voltage on the larger solenoid studs with my voltage meter when I press the accelerator pedal? I apologize if I’m sounding overly simplified but this is my first cart and want to make sure I’m giving you all the info you need to help answer my problem. Again, the problem with my cart is it will not move in forward or reverse when the pedal is pressed but the solenoid will “click” and that’s all that happens. Thank you all for your this forum! Y’all have already helped me soooo much just reading your other threads!
Mslice09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 Solenoid comparability

You should have full battery voltage on one side of the large contacts all the time. The other side should get full battery voltage as soon as the solenoid clicks. Check all of your connections. You don't want a "starter solenoid" as that is for a gas cart.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 Solenoid comparability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
You should have full battery voltage on one side of the large contacts all the time. The other side should get full battery voltage as soon as the solenoid clicks. Check all of your connections. You don't want a "starter solenoid" as that is for a gas cart.
Well, label also says "Yamaha G19 only", and G19 was never a gas cart, only 48v electric.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha