lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #11
Meat Man
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie with a rattle top and other questions.(Pics)

I really like your cart too . Not any lift , is there ? What size wheels and tires are those ? I'm working on my wife's blue stock cart and plan to put 12" wheels/tires on it and do not know the exact size (off-set & such) I can use. I am in the process of painting different trim pieces black to spruce it up a bit . My wife likes the color of the cart as it is even though it does some have scratches and dings so I'm going to do some cosmetic things so they won't be as noticable . 12" wheels sure should do it ! Yes , I PLAN to post a thread on my "remodel" when I'm finished .
Meat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
SuperChris74
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I did get most of the rattles and squeeks GONE! With my extended top, it was rattling between the frame and the plastic roof. Come to find the aluminum rivets weren't all that tight fitting. So, I used a 10' roll of 1" foam weatherstrip and stuffed it between the frame and roof. Bought at Lowes for $4

I had leftovers and used a 1x2" strip cut in half, peeled the adhesive backing, and stuck it between the windshield and the frame. That was the worst squeak that I had and it's solved. The windshield had rubbed and beaten itself to the frame so much, there was a fine white powder covering the frame. The felt triangles glued to the w/s were useless and the foam makes it a tight, soft fit.
SuperChris74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
SuperChris74
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Man View Post
I really like your cart too . Not any lift , is there ? What size wheels and tires are those ? I'm working on my wife's blue stock cart and plan to put 12" wheels/tires on it and do not know the exact size (off-set & such) I can use. I am in the process of painting different trim pieces black to spruce it up a bit . My wife likes the color of the cart as it is even though it does some have scratches and dings so I'm going to do some cosmetic things so they won't be as noticable . 12" wheels sure should do it ! Yes , I PLAN to post a thread on my "remodel" when I'm finished .
12" rims for sure. I will check the tire size. Stock ride height. Bought it the way it sits from some millionaire unloading a toy and got a steal.

I will update this weekend on the tires.
SuperChris74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
Meat Man
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks!
Meat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car