lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Chrisray1977
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO Shuttle 2 Electrical Problem?

First off this cart is used in a highly abusive area. That being said I have 2008 EZGO Shuttle 2 with a 48Volt SEPEX Controller. I had a tech from a Golf Cart Company out to look at it because it had just died on us. The controller gave us the code of the Controller itself being bad. So it was replaced with a new controller from EZGO. Now I get a code of 5-5 which is contacter problem. Tech came out and replaced the solenoid with a new one. I still am getting the code 5-5 but now the solenoid clicks for a second and then shuts off. I have 51 volts at the batteries and solenoid. I also get 51 volts on the opposite post of the solenoid during the one second the solenoid clicks. I also get no motor movement during this one second solenoid click. So my question is why am I getting a one second click on the solenoid and nothing more and why am I getting nothing to happen? Has anyone experienced this?
Chrisray1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Shuttle 2 Electrical Problem?

I'm not sure what controller you have. Got a part/model number on it?
Pictures of it would help.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
Chrisray1977
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Part# 611172 Curtis 48V PDS Controller SEPEX is the info that I have.
Chrisray1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I think you have a PDS-2 drive system with a Curtis 1264 controller.

If the controller looks like the one in the first attachment, the second attachment is a schematic for it.
The service manual they are from is too big too up load bu you can download it from here:
http://www.ordertree.com/docs/1047/E...20manuals.html
It is the second manual down in the 2002 box. It isn't specifically for you cart, but it ought to be pretty close.

I'm not familiar with the in and outs and the quirks of the PDS-2 system, but if you have replaced both solenoid and controller, I go looking for a dirty connection or bad wiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS-2 controller.JPG (66.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS-2 schematic.JPG (93.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-11-2016, 03:18 PM   #5
Oswego Bill
Not Yet Wild

I am having the same problem and the code shows 55, what exact does code 55 mean?
I sent controller model 1268-5411 to have it rebuild, same problem then I send it back for them to check again. The controller is good. Has battery voltage to Pin # 8 when accelerator pedal depressed Pin # 17 Intermittent output voltage. Sometimes it will run, and sometimes solenoid will click, and sometimes nothing at all. Solenoid has been replaced twice, last time with HD amps. All other voltages have been checked and re-checked. Motor has been checked, along with Batteries fully charge, everything has been checked along with ignition switch, IT, etc.
When I put the controller on the second time, and turn it on, hit the petal. I heard and seen some fire around tow switch. Took tow switch off and check connections, look good. Not sure where to go from here. I sure some wire in sideways. Any help is appreciated.

Bill
Oswego Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:56 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure where to go either, but here is the manual for the controller. LED Error codes are on pages 47 & 48.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1268(06A)MANUAL.pdf (1.02 MB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO