lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
MxChris
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Is this voltage reducer going to work for me?

I'm looking at this voltage reducer on Amazon:
DC/ DC Converter Regulator Voltage Reducer 24V Step Down to 12V 20A 240W: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific DC/ DC Converter Regulator Voltage Reducer 24V Step Down to 12V 20A 240W: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Does anyone have any experience with this unit? It states 24v in the description, the only reason I'm even considering it is because in the specs it states:
--Input voltage: 24V DC
--Input range: 12-40V DC
--Output voltage: 12V DC
--Output current: 20A (Max) / 240W

That tells me it can handle an input of 36v and output 12v.
I'm only planning on running an Alpine car radio I picked up recently and a pair of 6" speakers through this reducer. I don't plan on blasting it for long periods.

I bought a similar unit that is rated for 10a max to power the small headlights and a flat LED strip which will go under the cart:
Amazon.com: Golf Cart Voltage Reducer Converter 36v to 12v 10a 120w: Everything Else Amazon.com: Golf Cart Voltage Reducer Converter 36v to 12v 10a 120w: Everything Else

Will this work for my application or am I going to fry something?
MxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is this voltage reducer going to work for me?

There are plenty dc to dc reducers that are truly made for 36v.....I would pass and find one that is a 36v to 12v rated at the 20 amps. Personally, I got a 30 amp reducer and got a small fuse block so I could just have one and I run my stereo and my lights off if it. works like a champ. and its a LOT better reducer than the little one you have the link to. I bought mine from ScottyB at Carts Unlimited.

DC to DC Converter.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Is this voltage reducer going to work for me?

I also just got one from Scotty B. He is great. Really helped me when I had trouble installing it because I was unfamiliar with my new carts electrical system. There are a lot of people on here with his reducer and all are happy. Plus its 30amp so you have plenty of room to add more accessories down the road. His website is Cartsunlimited.net
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO