lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
JimXtreme
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery Cables

I have a 2006 TXT that I just added a Jakes 6" Spindle Lift and 22" tires.

It has had a couple of battery cables that broke at the terminal ends (using automotive batt cables as a temp fix)

I am in need of replacing my cables and I'm considering going to 2/0 ga. cables.

My question is... the "kits" I see for sale only have 4ea 10' and 1ea 12" cable in them...should'nt every cable be replaced?

My plans are for a rear seat and a PQ Bandit motor as 12 mph and no torque is a drag...literally.
JimXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Cables

There are 13 high amperage cables in your series drive system. Every one of them is big because large amounts of amperage are intended to travel through them to make the cart go. If they are too small or old and corroded then they are offering resistance to the flow. Simple as that , they should all be replaced for any upgrade or in a any stock cart that is 10 years old.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
JimXtreme
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There are 13 high amperage cables in your series drive system. Every one of them is big because large amounts of amperage are intended to travel through them to make the cart go. If they are too small or old and corroded then they are offering resistance to the flow. Simple as that , they should all be replaced for any upgrade or in a any stock cart that is 10 years old.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking.... I'm probably going to buy some bulk cable and make my own.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'll be making some myself today
Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
JimXtreme
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

BTW, which would you suggest to do first....the motor upgrade (PQ Bandit) or a Controller upgrade to get some tq/speed out of this thing.

18-20mph is as much as I'm willing to spend for lol
Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimXtreme View Post
BTW, which would you suggest to do first....the motor upgrade (PQ Bandit) or a Controller upgrade to get some tq/speed out of this thing.

18-20mph is as much as I'm willing to spend for lol
Series carts make more torque than speed.
For speed start with a PDS cart, install 808 pkg and bang = 24mph.
With a series cart you will need to increase operating voltage, change out controller & F&R for 18 - 20 mph

New (bigger) controller will allow the motor to access more amps = more torque. For speed you will need more voltage, or a high speed motor (torque losses)
Old 07-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
JimXtreme
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I'm stuck with the cart I have which I believe is a series cart. I have no plans to increase voltage at this time.

I would mostly like to increase tq and whatever speed increase comes with it is fine by me. I'm mainly doing this to account for the added weight with the rear passengers I will have once the rear seat is installed.

Thanks for your insight.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Jim, I'm next door in Texas, but closer to Houston, and where I am at its FLAT.....how is it in your area, or at least where you use your cart?

I too have a Series Cart....started bone stock.....and started the upgrade. Mine is just for personal transport, has a rear seat, a lift, 23" tires.....and mine is 36v as well. but like you, I wanted/needed more speed. so since I had already bought the new batteries and the new controller/SD Solenoid/HD F/R switch, 2 ga cables.....I ended up getting a high speed motor. and flat out......27 mph. You can see all the stats in my sig at the bottom of my posts.

oh and btw....I got ALL of my stuff (other than the motor) from ScottyB and CartsUnlimited.net

here is my build thread showing all that I did to mine.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...art-build.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
JimXtreme
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Jim, I'm next door in Texas, but closer to Houston, and where I am at its FLAT.....how is it in your area, or at least where you use your cart?

I too have a Series Cart....started bone stock.....and started the upgrade. Mine is just for personal transport, has a rear seat, a lift, 23" tires.....and mine is 36v as well. but like you, I wanted/needed more speed. so since I had already bought the new batteries and the new controller/SD Solenoid/HD F/R switch, 2 ga cables.....I ended up getting a high speed motor. and flat out......27 mph. You can see all the stats in my sig at the bottom of my posts.

oh and btw....I got ALL of my stuff (other than the motor) from ScottyB and CartsUnlimited.net

here is my build thread showing all that I did to mine.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...art-build.html

ALL my cart riding is on flat and/or slight incline surfaces
I have an RZR 800 w/30" Mudlites, a Rancher 350 w/25"Swamplites and a 250EX for all the other stuff!

Thanks, I'll check it out!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO