lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
irrigationguy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 txt help wont run

hello guys,i have 01 txt pds cart that wont run been reading a lot here but no luck,heres the run down I have 37.8 at the pack same at the yellow at soilnold and 35.6 at the blue,and 37.6 at the f/r rocker switch at the pedal switch micro 37.6 at the red and depressed 37.6 at the the green. and the soilnold will not click.could you guys point me in the wright direction.thanks for any input.p/s I glad I found you guys great looking site...
irrigationguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
irrigationguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 txt help wont run

is there anyway too make sure the motor not shot.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The PDS is a fly-by-wire system and the controller does everything. The external switches and stuff only tell the controller what to do.
To get the controller to energize the solenoid, six sets of contacts in five switches have to be closed.
1. Reed switch
2. Run/Row switch (2 sets of contacts)
3. Keyswitch
4. F/R switch (Either F or R contacts)
5. Pedal switch

Attached is a schematic with the solenoid activation circuit highlighted.
You should have FULL battery pack voltage on all wires highlighted in red.

-----------
You have B+ (Battery pack voltage) on the yellow wire at the solenoid and something close to it on the blue wire, so the solenoid coil is intact, but controller is not turning it on by applying B- to the blue wire, whose other end connects to J1 Pin-7 on the controller.

--------
About all you can do to test a sepex motor is check continuity and isolation.

You should get continuity between A1 & A2 and between F1 & F2, but no continuity between the A and the F windings, nor between either set of windings and the motor case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
irrigationguy
Not Yet Wild

johnnie thanks for the response,i checked all those points they all have pac voltage.im leaning towards controller, but didn't want too take the leap till I was pretty sure,is there any test too be sure.thanks also is there a complete kit too upgrade this cart,
Old 09-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Check out the #808 kit. A PDS with an Alltrax DCX400 and 200A solenoid is a wicked combo.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html

If you suspect you might up the pack voltage in the future, add a "B" suffix and get the 400A solenoid, it works form 36V up to 48V, so you don't have to change it when you change pack voltage.

I had a 808B kit before I upgraded to my current setup and I got 24MPH on stock height tires at 36V and 28MPH when I up my pack to 42V.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrigationguy View Post
johnnie thanks for the response,i checked all those points they all have pac voltage.im leaning towards controller, but didn't want too take the leap till I was pretty sure,is there any test too be sure.thanks also is there a complete kit too upgrade this cart,
Oops, didn't see the first question.
If there is pack voltage on all the wires highlighted in red, the controller is being told to activate the solenoid and it isn't, so either the controller is bad or the blue wire between J1 Pin-& and the solenoid is bad.

You can connect B- to the solenoid terminal with the blue wire on it to see if the rest of the system works (Motor, ITS, solenoid, cables), but for the pedal switch will no longer determine when the solenoid activates.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
irrigationguy
Not Yet Wild

thank you sir,
Old 09-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #8
irrigationguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
thank you sir,
You can connect B- to the solenoid terminal with the blue wire on it to see if the rest of the system works (Motor, ITS, solenoid, cables), but for the pedal switch will no longer determine when the solenoid activates.[/QUOTE]

johnnie, thanks for the help I ran the jumper wire and the motor works. im gunna order the the new controller today,i'll keep you informed,thanks again...
Old 09-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
You can connect B- to the solenoid terminal with the blue wire on it to see if the rest of the system works (Motor, ITS, solenoid, cables), but for the pedal switch will no longer determine when the solenoid activates.
johnnie, thanks for the help I ran the jumper wire and the motor works. im gunna order the the new controller today,i'll keep you informed,thanks again...[/QUOTE]

Although you'll be totally happy with the upgraded controller (& I highly recommend it!), you need to make sure the blue wire that you bypassed with the jumper isn't bad. Controller may not be bad......just the wire.....
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #10
irrigationguy
Not Yet Wild

knot head thanks for the reply.johnnyb do you know of some place else to order from having very little luck ordering from the link you gave me,i call and leave message with no return call tried email too,thanks for any response.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO