lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default DCX-500 blinking green LED

Rode the buggy a few days ago.....no problem. Parked it & plugged up the charger. Today, my daughter wanted to take the dog for a ride, but it wouldn't run. I got home & started troubleshooting. I have no solenoid click, & noticed that sometimes when I turn the key on, it will blink the green LED 4 times & go solid green, but will start blinking the green LED continuously when the micro in the peddle box clicks (still no solenoid click, so "no go"). Other times, the green LED will blink constantly as soon as I turn on the key, never turning solid green. I need opinions......
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCX-500 blinking green LED

Come ahead with the suggestions/opinions, but I found the yellow wire making bad contact at a butt-splice I made during relocation of the Alltrax. Just wiggled all the wires & found the butt-splice unattached & corroded looking in the unattached end (broke loose when I wiggled it). I'll have to remove the utility bed to get "both hands" access to make the repair, since the Alltrax is mounted behind the seat & above the motor.

Has anyone else seen the continuous blinking green LED before?,
Old 07-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds like someone else had to lengthen the key switch wires
my 400 blinks 4 green then goes solid green, never paid any attention to it after that. glad you figured it out

Last edited by vagabond; 07-31-2014 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: because
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 PM   #4
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
sounds like someone else had to lengthen the key switch wires
my 400 blinks 4 green then goes solid green, never paid any attention to it after that. glad you figured it out
Yep! I put another butt-slice in it for a quick fix, but think I'll solder it when I get around to eliminating the problem-prone 4-wire Molex plug on the throttle wiring harness. Not sure why it waited to act up until I had it parked at the house, but am glad it didn't do it while I was 2 miles away from the house (in a swamp) on the last ride I took a few days ago!

The 4 blinks, then solid is what it's supposed to do (indicating ITS throttle input). I assume that the corroded yellow wire was carrying enough current to make
the LED do it's thing, but then when solenoid tried to activate, it lost current. I never have normal stuff happen.....always some weird crap for me!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO