lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2016, 11:38 PM   #1
ctmissoula
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default My new Western Golf Cart - couple of questions

Hi everyone,

I am a big fan of this board and finally can contribute as a golf cart owner. I just purchased what I think is a 2000 Western golf cart. I like the look of the Westerns, but I'm surprised that there is not more information about them on the Internet. I have posted a picture of the golf cart below.

I am hoping that some forum members can provide any unique insight on the Westerns. From what I know they are based on an EZ GO frame and parts.

1. Skirts/Doors: I took the car to the local shop and inquired whether there is an aftermarket rain doors or rain covers design for the Western. The person at the shop said, "No." This surprises me because I've seen pictures of other Westerns that look to have well fitting rain protection. Does anyone out there know if aftermarket rain doors or claim protection is sold for the 2000 Western? If not, are there any tips on fitting a universal set of rain protection onto the cart?

2. Making it go faster:
my neighbor has a 48 V club car. The Western is a little slower and has a little less power going up hills. Is there anything that I can do to soup up the cards and make it go faster or pull stronger? Or is that just a product of the 42 V versus the 48 V?

3. General Tips: if anyone on the board has general tips that I should be aware of, I would love to hear them. Thanks a lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg western golf cart.jpg (46.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by ctmissoula; 09-18-2016 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: post picture
ctmissoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2016, 05:32 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: My new Western Golf Cart - couple of questions

Enclosure will have to be custom done- not a big deal for a shop that knows what they are doing.
42 volt will give you a bit more distance, but a little less power. You would have to upgrade some parts if you wanted more power.
Ive worked on westerns since they came out in 1986- most are built on ezgo platforms.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
ctmissoula
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Enclosure will have to be custom done- not a big deal for a shop that knows what they are doing.
42 volt will give you a bit more distance, but a little less power. You would have to upgrade some parts if you wanted more power.
Ive worked on westerns since they came out in 1986- most are built on ezgo platforms.
Thanks golf cart guy. The ballpark figure that the card shop court it was around $900 for the skirts. That seemed very high and is more than i could pay. Are there people on this board who having tips or prior experience or plans that I could crib off of.

Thanks everyone.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

900 is about right for a nice custom enclosure.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:01 AM   #5
ctmissoula
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone know if this universal enclosure will work??
Classic-Accessories-Fairway-FadeSafe-Enclosure. (I would have posted the link but the forum does not yet allow me]

Is there a particular universal enclosure that people prefer?
Old 09-20-2016, 10:30 AM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I can tell you now, you are not going to be happy with ANY universal enclosure on that cart. Why spend a couple hundred dollars for an enclosure that you are going to regret buying? You have a really nice cart and it deserves to be treated nice. Save the money and spend the higher amount to get an enclosure that will not only look great but last a really long time.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #7
ctmissoula
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I can tell you now, you are not going to be happy with ANY universal enclosure on that cart. Why spend a couple hundred dollars for an enclosure that you are going to regret buying? You have a really nice cart and it deserves to be treated nice. Save the money and spend the higher amount to get an enclosure that will not only look great but last a really long time.
Thanks for the repsonse Rabbit. I guess one of the issues if that I do not know how to locate an entity that can make the custom enclosure.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Most Boat places will have a number for a company that does their sunbrella bimini tops and boat covers. I would try finding one of those close by as they would be capable of doing a custom enclosure.

I'm in Florida and have at least 3 shops within an hour or 2 that specifically do Cart enclosures, but my go to guy for one off custom work is actually a custom boat canvas designer/installer.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I agree, a universal one will more than likely not fit correctly cuz everything is different about that carts roof and supports.
Too bad you were not in florida, I can throw a rock and hit a place that does golf cart enclosures.
Do some research, I'm sure youll come up with a place that do a nice job.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:05 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Las Vegas, NV - they got 2 of everything and a large boat industry as well.
A quick stab at google render these shops on the first try - Custom Bimini tops galor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg las vegas upholstry.JPG (103.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by TheNewGuy; 09-21-2016 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: unnecessary
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO