lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #11
Fred H
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas or Curtis Controller Upgrade for 2010 EZGO RXV

Just for clarification, the 30 mph speed is only for when I'm traveling alone commuting to my workshop a couple miles away
Fred H is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2019, 05:47 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152355026624
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:46 AM   #13
Riggsrvx
Not Yet Wild

I’m thinking about the navitas too
Riggsrvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:30 AM   #14
Olecountry09
Not Yet Wild

I have a 09 RXV, I converted it from the danaher to the navitas. It is plug and play. My cart has a lift and 23” tires and the navitas is awesome. It will lift the front tires off the ground (not recommended). You will have to call navitas to get the dealer programming app. I cannot compare it to Curtis, I have been truly impressed with this controller and their tech support. Had a question during install, the tech gave me his number Incase I had any questions. Best part, I am able to change programming myself from my phone.
Olecountry09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:16 AM   #15
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Disclaimer:

1. I am Canadian.
3. I am a certified Navitas Installer (NVS-D-2019-032).

When it comes to Danaher replacements in my humble opinion the fastest way to success is to replace the controller with a Navitas TAC2. I have done loads of them and changing them out is easy as pie. It is a direct plug in replacement. No need to change the harness config. Just put it in and go.

For me, to replace the harness, ship out a Curtis controller to be completely re-flashed/reprogrammed in the USA costs significantly more than a TAC2 controller off the shelf and the 38 minutes it takes me to install one.

If you want to get to 30+mph on a Navitas TAC2 with the Advanced level access in the app:

Max RPM to 9000.
Max Acceleration to 22,000.
Continuous amp draw from 200 to 250 . (You can go to 400 on a lead acid setup but NOT recommended as it will kill your battery fast and stresses them right out. It is fun to try out for a spin but, don't leave it set to that!)
Set your tire size properly and your gear ratio.

Suffice to say... on the 440 or 600 TAC2 model you will find yourself over 30mph depending on wheel size.

You will need the "advanced" level of programming configured from Navitas. This is easy to get turned on for your iOS or Android app. You create an account in the app with your email and then request access via the Navitas website and they will contact you and turn it on.

http://www.navitasvs.com/contact

Go to that contact page and input the Navitas ID your created in the app and make a request. That is it. No arranging of someone to come and program your controller. No shipping of a controller anywhere.

We can get into all sorts of debates about the nominal current S2-2 min (Arms) and continuous current (Arms) specifications of various AC controllers but, if the objective is to get to 30mph you can do it on a Navitas no problem. I have done loads of them. In the end it all boils down to achieving your objectives for the most painless and cost effective way. For me putting in a Navitas TAC2 is the best option all round.

Note: If you live in the US and can get your Curtis 1206A controller reprogrammed I would do it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get anyone to do the controllers I have for me. So I now replace the Curtis controllers with TAC2s as well. :( If someone can fix this problem for me or is willing to educate me on how to do it for me and my fellow Canadians more than happy to do it. But, at this point in time its an effort in futility to fight shipping a controller to the USA and then back... Fighting with customs paperwork etc... :(

I have mad respect for the folks that (a) have the right files and software to reprogram/re-flash the Curtis 1206a controllers and (b) have the mad skills to do this and know VCL. I wish I knew how to do it. I am a software engineer by trade and would love to have Factory or deeper access to these controllers and WinVCL. But, alas, its well guarded knowledge and for good reasons! Not everyone should be able to do this to Curtis controllers.

Cheers,
Greg
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:33 PM   #16
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for sharing.
I'm struggling with getting the regen settings correct.
Any ideas or settings you would recommend?
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO