lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2018, 08:35 AM   #1
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Default Winch mount

Looking at adding a winch to my cart since my wife doesnt understand what stay outta the low spots means. My carts at my farm not here with me. Just need to know what's behind the big black plastic shroud on the front of the cart I've honestly never took the time to just peek behind it and see what's there. I've ordered a little 2500 lbs winch and need to know if I buy or fabricate a "L" shaped bracket is there a place behind the plastic shroud to maybe drill and attach it to. Thanks guys for your help.
MUDSLINGER250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Winch mount

You might get more responses if you posted the make, model and year of the cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #3
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm going to mount my winch tomorrow. I finally got things ready. I'm mounting it on the front axle. I made a plate out of 1/4" steel and bolted the winch mount to it. I had to cut the shock cover to mount the winch far enough to the rear. I had to notch the plate to clear the steering rack. I used two exhausting holes in the axle and drilled two more. Using grade 8, 5/16" bolts.
I don't have a picture of the front with the cover cut off. I'll get one tomorrow.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I noticed Johnny B posted while I was typing. FYI, mine is a 2013 TXT48. The wide axle is great for a mount.

Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:40 PM   #5
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

2014 ezgo rxv. Think I found a video of a bumper being put on one that shows it's just 2 dead ended tubes for the frame with 3/8 bolt holes in it. If mine looks like that I think I can weld or bolt on some channel iron to extend it out enough to get my mount on. Just cut a hole in the plastic bumper put the cable through. Doesnt have to be fancy my cart stays on my farm.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:36 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

These might help.

The RXV has independent suspension in front and the frame tapers down to the two rails only being a few inches apart, so the swing axles can be centrally mounted. Looks like a bracket of some kind could be made and attached to the open frame ends where the tow bar mounts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RXV Frame.jpg (115.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg RXV Suspension and Steering.jpg (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #7
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Looks like a couple pieces of 2x2 angle iron bolted to those existing holes will be the ticket I went and bought a mounting plate from harber freight for 3 bucks already has assorted holes for the winch. I think this will be a pretty easy project after all. Thanks for yalls help guys.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #8
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Been a while but I figured I'd post this for somebody else that may be wondering what to do about a winch mount. I took off the black plastic shroud and drilled the existing 3/8 holes in the frame to 1/2 inch. I used 1/2 inch all thread rod and bolted on 2 pieces of 4 inch galvanized channel iron then drilled that and bolted on a piece of 6 inch channel. Cut out the parts of the shroud to pop it back on and there it is. All I paid for was the 45.00 dollar harber freight winch which i tested out today driving fire lanes and making a wrong turn. I have it connected to a old tractor battery that tested bad so I gave it the epson salt mix and brought it back to life. It's been holding a charge for a couple months and load tested fine after a little cleaning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181227_161535.jpg (295.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181228_134214.jpg (369.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181228_162042.jpg (384.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #9
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubles Shooter View Post
I'm going to mount my winch tomorrow. I finally got things ready. I'm mounting it on the front axle. I made a plate out of 1/4" steel and bolted the winch mount to it. I had to cut the shock cover to mount the winch far enough to the rear. I had to notch the plate to clear the steering rack. I used two exhausting holes in the axle and drilled two more. Using grade 8, 5/16" bolts.
I don't have a picture of the front with the cover cut off. I'll get one tomorrow.

That looks sharp I had the same idea. Would love to see it mounted. My suspension has existing holes that a plate like that would bolt up to nicely.
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:13 PM   #10
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSLINGER250 View Post
Been a while but I figured I'd post this for somebody else that may be wondering what to do about a winch mount. I took off the black plastic shroud and drilled the existing 3/8 holes in the frame to 1/2 inch. I used 1/2 inch all thread rod and bolted on 2 pieces of 4 inch galvanized channel iron then drilled that and bolted on a piece of 6 inch channel. Cut out the parts of the shroud to pop it back on and there it is. All I paid for was the 45.00 dollar harber freight winch which i tested out today driving fire lanes and making a wrong turn. I have it connected to a old tractor battery that tested bad so I gave it the epson salt mix and brought it back to life. It's been holding a charge for a couple months and load tested fine after a little cleaning.
That looks really good. You should notch out a piece of that channel for the cable and mount a roller fairlead.
https://www.ruralking.com/roller-fai...RoCr_AQAvD_BwE
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO