lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2018, 08:59 PM   #31
10Brink
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ‘01 ezgo PDS draining battery quickly

ThreeCW & Cora1: I wrapped the crap out of those leads before testing. Don’t want to look like a human Roman Candle screaming down Fairway Dr! I’ve completed every reading except the resting voltage taken 12/24 hrs after charging. The meter and leads worked perfectly. I agree with your apprehension about a full charge after 2.75 hrs so I continue to recharge every 30 minutes for a few hrs. I’m trying to imagine a way to do that automatically. Another Rube/Goldberg I’m sure. ThreeCW, I’m using your chart to see where I end up. I’ll try to encapsulate the results tomorrow. I don’t want to bog the site down with columns of voltage figures for every test I did. Thanks to all.
10Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2018, 09:06 PM   #32
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

"The devil is in the detail" is an idiom that refers to a catch or mysterious element hidden in the details, meaning that something might seem simple at a first look but will take more time and effort to complete than expected and derives from the earlier phrase, "God is in the detail" expressing the idea that whatever one does should be done thoroughly; i.e. details are important.

(from Wikipedia)

The more detail, the better the advice will be
ThreeCW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:26 PM   #33
10Brink
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Cobra1: I plan on getting the same meter from ScottyB along with a controller, motor, 2guage leads, etc. Don’t really have to have all that stuff, but have to & want are two different things. Also want to go 42 Volt.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:51 AM   #34
10Brink
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I think I’ve come to the point where I need to let you folks move on to people with other important or more pressing questions. In the interest of brevity, I’m going to kind of paraphrase my readings instead of listing them all. In each category the batteries are all within .05 or so......Imediately after charge:6.99V/:41.4V......under load:6.10V/34.5V.....After running WOT 40 minutes, sitting still/then under heavy acceleration up a nice grade for 150 yrds...6.25V/37.5V.......5.75V/34.5V .....Resting for 30 minutes....6.30V/37.9V........13hrs after charging in 50 degree (+/-) garage....6.5V/39.0V
Comparing to the chart you guys(?) provided and looking at the temperature, I seem to be in line. Am I close to being right? I’ve read a few other posts by the Grand Poobaw, JohnnieB, concerning a DPI charger and a 6/12V low amp charger for 8-12 hrs each for a few days. I’ll try to follow a good schedule. Ain’t going through this again! Thanks to everyone! Please, any comments to the contrary of my conclusion, are welcome and encouraged!

Last edited by 10Brink; 12-22-2018 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Insert name
Old 12-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #35
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't see anything that would worry me with those numbers. I think it would be fine just plugging it in after you do your evening rounds and it would be good to go for the next evening.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #36
Obramon
Not Yet Wild

2006 EZGO TXt PDS with lift kit and 23” tires.April 2017 Trojan T105 36V batterery.Battery gets 70% discharge after 6 miles or 20 min of street running. Load tested and found 0.7 to 0.8V decrease in a few of the batteries.SOC on open circuit and Sp gravity testing is good.Are the batteries shot at this point.
Obramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:10 PM   #37
rib33024

Welcome

Obramon Start a new thread in the ezgo electric forum about this problem. And we will get you fixed up
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:09 PM   #38
Obramon
Not Yet Wild

Yes Sir!
Obramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO