lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2019, 08:25 PM   #1
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo rxv build

Im wanting to build a rxv cart and getting ready to purchase my first rxv.

A couple of questions about batteries.
Looking at a 2015 cart with 2015 batteries. It will need batteries i know.

Im 99 percent im going lithium leafs but im wanting to know the range of the stock t1275 batteries when they are new. Vs leaf lithiums.

I know the ratings of the batteries are less plus the age and ive seen them around 50ah rating. Does anyone know the range vs the two?
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo rxv build

Since you mentioned range, Either go lithium, or ditch the 4x 12v in favor of the 6x 8v setup, and get good 8v batteries. As far as range goes, I have never tested a leaf setup, so I can't speculate range. I know the lithiums I have built (never used leaf cells), the range exceeded T-875 8v batteries. And I have never once had one of the lithium owners complain about range, they all loved them. I don't build lithiums anymore, because as a ezgo dealer, we just order ezgo's 120ah Elite pack, which has been very good so far.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:06 PM   #3
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What does the ezgo battery cost?
Im worried about the trips to myrtle beach we take. Its flat ground but we can travel up to 5 miles one way from our home location and have to come back. Plus whatever riding around we do before then.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:22 PM   #4
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Bob would be the best source for an estimate. He has a Leaf pack with 7 modules. The AC motor is more efficient, so you will get better range from your Lithium pack on an RXV vs. a DC motor like that of the TXT. From what I remember when discussing range with Nick at EV, the AC motor gets around 33% more range.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:44 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

I'm sorry if I accidentally got your hopes up. Ezgo doesn't currently offer the Elite pack as an "upgrade package" for people to put in their used cars, instead only "as delivered from the factory". With the significant software changes needed to Integrate the BMS with the lithium pack, and the current software in a Rxv controller, unfortunately, this upgrade will never be offered from Ezgo as a upgrade package to consumers or Ezgo dealers. They don't trust any of us to do it correctly is what it boils down to (and just maybe not wanting to cut into new Elite car sales).
Old 03-10-2019, 09:46 PM   #6
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea i figured that. Plus im sure it would be out of anyones price range compared to fla.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:46 PM   #7
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ive spoke to bob about it as well. Just hate to keep pming someone for information.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #8
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

I will be able to tell you in a couple weeks. I am just wrapping up my Polaris Breeze conversion to an Alltrax controller project.

I have both a non lifted 2016 RXV and a lifted 2015 RXV, so I will have numbers on both. Once I finish that project, I am going to add an 8th module for 67.2v to see the effect on speed, torque, and distance. That project will require significant controller tweaking, but should be fun.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:39 AM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

Polaris breeze, sorry about your TIM problems now, and in the future. I can't believe that thing..,.. full conversion to "anything but that". Coming from a dealer before breeze went this, then that, ...... Millipack no! Get the disease off me. Anyone want to know just how good sevcon is, go look at older Bad Boy Buggy, and see how good support is..... NOTHING! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! I would be dieing to convert to ANY thing else! and if I even was to take on that job, you better believe I'm gonna charge a pretty penny. I stay away from these threads because it's a nightmare that people who love electronics still hate! Sorry, just how it is. . .... I love your idea of conversion! Anything better than that! I really hope a sevcon guy sees this, please give us a hand, no one else will! Make Sevcon Great Again? I have millipack PC hardware, help us out, make us a believer!
Old 03-11-2019, 05:29 AM   #10
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I plan on using the stock ezgo charger. If i run 8 cells would it charger high enough for 8 cell?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO