lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2019, 08:39 PM   #11
returntoport
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1999 EZGO 36 Volt Loss of Power

I checked voltage and it was 36.4 plugged in the charger and it ran for 13 mins. Right before it shut off I checked voltage and it was 45.1. I purchase a new digital multimeter with 2 places after the decimal, I needed a reason to buy a better one any way
returntoport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2019, 10:56 PM   #12
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You need to check the pack voltage several hours after the charge cycle has completed.
Brob1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:59 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:20 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The attached SoC chart should be correct for your batteries.

For a single battery, the voltage needs to be resolved to 1/100th of a volt to get a reasonable accurate SoC estimate. Dur to rounding, 6.1V could mean anywhere from 50% up to about 65%, but it is still too low. Ought to be 6.37V, or so.

Do you have some way of measuring the max voltage reached on charge? It should be in the 44V to 46V with your PW28115 charger.

If it is getting in that range, the interconnecting cables and the cables to the cart's charging receptacle may need some cleaning. If that doesn't get the SoC up to the 100% neighborhood, the batteries have badly sulfated plates.

If they do, you might get some improvement by doing some back-to-back charges, which means restarting charger after it shuts off automatically. Doing that two or three time a day for a couple weeks in addition to putting it on charge after each use might get the batteries to accept more of a charge.

I managed to get a set of T-105 batteries from taking a 85% charge up to 94% in two months and almost to 98% in about ten months.
I love hoarding charts. Did you make this one? If so, is 36 volt "Battery Pack" specs for 6 volt batteries - not 3-12s?

42 volts? Come on. 7

Is 48 six 8v, eight 6v, or four 12v?

Or, does it matter with the same number of total cells?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:20 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I love hoarding charts. Did you make this one? If so, is 36 volt "Battery Pack" specs for 6 volt batteries - not 3-12s?

42 volts? Come on. 7

Is 48 six 8v, eight 6v, or four 12v?

Or, does it matter with the same number of total cells?
Yes I made it.

The numbers in the Volts per Cell column are from charts published by Trojan and I've put together charts for other brand batteries, such as US Battery and Crown. If you have Voltage vs SoC data from any other battery manufacturer or re-labeler, please point me to it and I'll do a brand specific chart for them too.

The cell is the base unit for batteries and the cells for the same type batteries (Lead-Acid, Wet-Cell, Deep-cycle) from the same manufacture typically have the same voltage vs SoC regardless of the physical size of the cell.

The difference between a 6V, 8V and 12V battery is the number of cell in the box they are packaged in. Since 6V, 8V and 12V cart batteries are packaged in roughly the same sized boxes, the physical size of the cells have to be smaller to fit a greater number of cells in the same sized box, therefore the cell in an 8V have to be 2/3 the size of the cells in a 6V battery and the cells in a 12V battery have to be 1/2 the size of those in a 6V battery. The Voltage vs SoC is the same, but the AH are different. Smaller cell = fewer AH.

All of the numbers in the 6V, 8V, 12V, 36V, 42V and 48V columns are simply the voltage of a 2V cell multiplied by the number of 2V cells needed the yield that voltage. It takes 24 cells for a 48V battery pack and they can come packed 3, 4 or 6 to a box. The difference being the AH of the cells.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO