lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
baldeagle45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2008 EZ-GO TXTPDS Lights

I am looking to upgrade the lights on my golf cart to LED's. No where can I find the type of lights that are on my golf cart.
A couple of years ago I replaced the rear lights due to broken lens. When I took the broken light to the local golf cart store, the guy at the counter told me that those rear lights are not EZ-GO. Funny cause everything I have put on that golf cart has been EZ-GO parts with no problems and you sold it to me.... Plus the cart identification stickers says 2008 EZ-GO TXT PDS.
Any way, place take a look at the attached pictures and let me know if you have seen these type of lights and are they EZ-GO lights or not. Right now I think that the only option I have is to replace just the bulbs to LED, as the holes that were cut out to put the current lights cannot be changed.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front.jpg (210.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (212.3 KB, 0 views)
baldeagle45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2019, 07:32 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 EZ-GO TXTPDS Lights

The tail lights look like either TXT mounted sideways or they are Club Car DS lights. Either way, the standard bulb is a 1157. This is an LED replacement from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't know what those headlights are from but most golf cart headlights take a replacement 881 LED bulb. I used these on an RXV and they also fit my healights,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:33 PM   #3
baldeagle45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks PingEye3. I knew of the LED headlight, but didn't know the number for tail light. Thanks for the info.
And yes, those headlight no one knows what they are or where they come from and thats most of my friends at the beach....LOL
Old 04-03-2019, 08:39 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That is not a standard ezgo body so not sure what headlights those are. Most cart manufacturers use the same tail lights with different housings. A replacement assembly is a blazer B465R and it does use a 1157 bulb.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #5
baldeagle45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Kgsc.....thanks for the reply and I agree about the body of my ezgo. Has me and others baffled. Looks like the best thing for me to do is just replace the bulbs to LED and not to worry about the light fixture at this time. Maybe replace the body next year as the body is damaged in a few places. Just need to do some research as to what new body I can put on my ezgo.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:54 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it has the standard ezgo cowl setup you can put any of their cowls with exception to the rxv on there
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:23 AM   #7
mstahl20
Not Yet Wild

That looks like the DoubleTake aftermarket body and light kit. You can probably order the LED version of that light kit through one of their retailers.
mstahl20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO