lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2019, 03:25 PM   #21
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 Danaher to 350a Curtis Conversion Process

So I got a little present in the mail today. I plan to start digging into my cart and preparing for the upgrade.

In the meantime I jacked up my cart and installed the new batteries sitting on the ground to confirm everything was working and as it should be before doing the conversion.

Thanks a ton Bob and usgicollector!

IMG_2254.jpgIMG_2255.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dhartung02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #22
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

The conversion kit has a loose white and orange wire that splice into the gray brake wire and the orange speed/pedal sensor.

How does one determine definitely which wires those are? I have multiple gray and orange wires. My cable set is also taped and over and covered in black plastic tubing making it hard to trace.

I tried to use my volt meter to find the beginning and end. For the brake wire - it is gray on the brake side but I detected a connection in two pins on my plug side. A pink wire and a green wire.

Are we dealing with a certain plug pin number that I can trace from the plug side? Does anyone have any better pictures they can share?

I am trying to make sure I understand and can visual find and account for everything to do this conversion.

Thanks!

Old 04-19-2019, 09:18 PM   #23
rngilliland
Gone Wild

I just made sure I spliced into the wires that went to the back of the cart. On my 2011 the brake wire was white and I had more than one white wire. But only one went to the back of the cart. I only had one orange wire and it went to the back of the cart.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #24
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the tip.

Quick update - I got it up and running (on jack stands). I could tell a difference very quickly in just how responsive the throttle is.

I will be taking some more pictures and cleaning up the wires and install tonight. Will hopefully post more this weekend!

Thanks everyone!

Old 04-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #25
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhartung02 View Post
Thanks for the tip.

Quick update - I got it up and running (on jack stands). I could tell a difference very quickly in just how responsive the throttle is.

I will be taking some more pictures and cleaning up the wires and install tonight. Will hopefully post more this weekend!

Thanks everyone!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:31 PM   #26
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the. White or grey wire you need to splice to runs from the back of the cart to the pedal.

The white or grey wire that runs from the back to the controller plug IS THE WRONG WIRE!!!!

Made that mistake. You can toast your new controller making it.

Post pictures if you have any doubts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:06 PM   #27
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

Still waiting to wrap this project up. My Battery tray came in Friday and they accidentally sent me a TXT tray instead of an RXV tray They apologize and were supposed to have a new one sent out Friday/Saturday - so back to waiting!
Old 04-29-2019, 07:34 AM   #28
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hope your conversion goes well. I had issues with mine for the same year cart. Ending up replacing the main wiring harness then everything worked perfect. I followed instructions to the T and ending up with weird braking issue. Best of luck to you.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:27 PM   #29
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

The battery tray came in today and was hoping i would be able to quickly wrap things up but i ran into a problem. The frame bolt that holds the tray unbolted but when i went to put it back in - it just spins and spin. Apparently the threaded fastener in the frame came loose and now i cant tighten down the battery tray or that frame bracket.

Any ideas? I am not sure where to go from here. I could drill all the way through the frame and run a bolt through it - but that seems like overkill. Any other thoughts or options?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (37.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-03-2019, 09:52 PM   #30
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

I ended up drilling through the frame and running a bolt through. I didnt see any other way. It worked well and is solid.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO