lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default flip flop rear seat choices, 1997 txt

Hello all, finally getting ready to add the rear seat. 1997 txt, 36v, alltrax 400, rear dual-action springs.
So I have narrowed down to a few choices:

Steeleng with grab bar
double take max 500
MODZ all american
MADJAX genesis 250 (or 300)

I know there is a significant difference in price for these, but since I will only do it once, springing for the Max 500 is possible.

Uses include hauling addl peops, using the flat bed for yard work, possible towing of a jet ski (of course that means a hitch).

IMPORTANT ISSUES, I don't want to move the front seat back rest forward and I have the factory top, don't want passengers to bump their heads on the roof.

Any and all comments on these (or others I have left out) are much appreciated!!
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #2
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: flip flop rear seat choices, 1997 txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugster View Post
Any and all comments on these (or others I have left out) are much appreciated!!
I have seen the Madjax 300 on a TXT with the hitch on it at a local dealer and it looked great. The adjustable seat back and the bench with the moulded seats was nice. The cooler option was awesome too.

I opted for the 150 because I am cheap and threw a hitch on it. I put the RHOX armrests with the cup holders on it. Looks ok. Functions well.

Cheers,
Imapled
Imapled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
tarmfield
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I went for the MadJax Genesis 300 for weight saving over the 250 - passengers are fine on my RXV with Stock roof, also liked the cool box option and that it has the mount points for rear belts.

Thinking about trying to either get something fabricated or going for the hitch and hitch basket to hold the golf cubs on the other side so can ride with clubs and passengers, altho that's a way off yet!

Toby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190309_163827.jpg (274.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190309_163841.jpg (258.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190309_163856.jpg (194.1 KB, 0 views)
tarmfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #4
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good advice all!! thanks, wanna make sure the front seat backs don't move too much.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:41 AM   #5
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

any one else on the txt rear fold down seat??
Old 04-23-2019, 08:30 AM   #6
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

any other info at all? Been putting this off for many years, Thanks!
Old 04-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Genesis 250 on this cart. 3 years old now and no issues. As you can see this cart has the extended canopy. The rear seat is high enough that clearance from the canopy could be an issue for tall passengers. Not an issue for me yet but I see where it could be. The larger seat back is an option and I wouldn't get it again. Not necessary for comfort and visually overwhelming.

What I like: seat belt mounts included. Seat cushion is relatively thick and comfortable to sit on. Foot rest is substantial and folds up. access to the bag well used a lot in my case. I couldn't live with a seat without this feature. the optional bin is a nice feature. has a drain but it's not insulated so cold storage is time is limited. cup holders in the arm rest.

What I don't like: arm rests are hard plastic. uncomfortable after awhile. seating position is too high except for small children. the whole thing is relatively large and visually controversial in my house. The factory seat on my TXT looks more integrated.

If I was to do it again I would give the Double Take max 5 a serious look.

One more thing. Star makes a couple of seats for EZGO and Club Car. I am certainly not recommending Star vehicles but they make a nice rear seat that will fit on an EZGO. I've inspected them up close. Might want to give them a look. Can't post a link (not a sight sponsor)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0631.jpg (612.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PB020002.JPG (507.6 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:23 AM   #8
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If I was to do it again I would give the Double Take max 5 a serious look.

I wonder if the double take max 5 has same issues with high rear seat and roof, also with your foot rest folded up, is there a way to use a hitch installed on the frame, or does it hang down below the bumper when folded up. Trying to use a frame hitch without the need for an extension or do you think a hitch mounted to the foot board (made for that seat) would be sturdy enough to pull a jet ski. I do like the storage compartment. will also look at the star, I read something similar in old post.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The foot rest is substantial. 500lb of humans standing on it is no problem. I think Madjax has a hitch option for this seat. I know max 5 does. I haven't done it personally but I would think towing a jet ski around would be no problem. EZGO specifies a standard golf cart can tow up to 3 other carts when in fleet use.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #10
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the Steeleng and it is very nice. It has the Aluminum tread which was a huge factor and price was the remaining reason I bought it. Seat is very comfortable, good leg room and feels very solid.

The con- The universal receiver hitch had to be modified to fit my back seat floor.

PS- Yes I mounted my rear backrest upside down..... Never did flip it back over, did fix the front but haven't fixed the rear.... it will remain that way the rest of the time I own the golf cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190113_002543.jpg (193.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181216_011452.jpg (132.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190220_100518.jpg (368.2 KB, 0 views)
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO