lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery charger with temperature compensation?

I am new to the golf cart and just getting started, have had motor homes for a long time and one big thing that helps with the motor home house batteries is the temperature compensation that the chargers have, with a separate temp sensor that goes on the batteries. I am not seeing any of the golf cart chargers that have this feature.

The Accusense chargers from DPI say in the specs that it is available but after calling and talking to them about it, that is something that they are currently working on and isn't available yet.

Actually now that I have found this site and have spent the last couple of days reading, I'm glad that they didn't have it because I was going to buy the 36v charger.

The more that I read and the more that I think that when the batteries need replacing I may want to go up to 48v.

The cart that we have was my mothers cart that they had for years living in Texas near Houston in a subdivision with paved flat roads and the cart did ok with that. We live in North Alabama where it is grass and hills and the cart doesn't do very well at all uphill in the grass, slower than a crawl and not sure it was going to make it, probably less than an 8ft rise in 150ft.

I'm sure that there is other problems with the cart and I have a list of things to look at when I have some time off of work. I think the cables look suspect for sure, but maybe i'm just use to seeing the large cables on our motorhome?

Our cart is an EzGo TXT 2002 model best that I can figure.

The charger that I think that I want now is the Lester Summit II and it charges both 36v and 48v which works for me now and after upgrading to 48v. I have read some good things about this charger on here and will be getting in touch with ScottyB for this purchase.

Now to my question about this charger, can you put your own charge voltage settings in this charger to compensate for the extreme cold and hot weather that we have in North Alabama? I see that there are allot of different profiles for different batteries but can we tweek them with the app?

Thank you for your time, looking forward to this project.

Donald
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 42131.jpg (13.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 42134.jpg (18.7 KB, 0 views)
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #2
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery charger with temperature compensation?

Not sure if my original post was too long and people didn't read it so I will just ask the main question here.

The charger that I think that I want now is the Lester Summit II and it charges both 36v and 48v which works for me now and after upgrading to 48v. I have read some good things about this charger on here and will be getting in touch with ScottyB for this purchase.

Now to my question about this charger, can you put your own charge voltage settings in this charger to compensate for the extreme cold and hot weather that we have in North Alabama? I see that there are allot of different profiles for different batteries but can we tweek them with the app?

Thank you for your help and sharing your knowledge.

Donald
Old 04-20-2019, 11:03 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Delta-q chargers are capable of this, all Ezgo Rxv, and most factory 48v TXT do as well. As far as Lester allowing you to write your own maps is quite unlikely.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:26 AM   #4
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The Summit II has a lot of stuff you can do. I like mine. If you get on their web site they have a manual for the app. Attached are a couple pics of setup profiles. Screenshot_20190421-062249_ChargerConnect.jpgScreenshot_20190421-062306_ChargerConnect.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
OttyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:59 AM   #5
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you for your replies, I will look into what has been suggested.

Thanks again
Donald
Old 04-21-2019, 07:28 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Summit II has temperature compensation profiles but You need a temperature sensor installed near the batteries.

If you are mounting the charger onBoard, order the last cable on page 12:
https://lesterelectrical.com/wp-cont..._D.pdf#page=12
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:11 AM   #7
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The Summit II has temperature compensation profiles but You need a temperature sensor installed near the batteries.

If you are mounting the charger onBoard, order the last cable on page 12:
https://lesterelectrical.com/wp-cont..._D.pdf#page=12
Thank you, That is exactly what I was looking for. Time to order now.

Donald
Old 04-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #8
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls View Post
Thank you, That is exactly what I was looking for. Time to order now.

Donald
If you happen to find one of those temp cables (Lester #41896S 6ft) online for sale could you send me a link. I can't seem to find just the cord as I already have the charger.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:40 AM   #9
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttyFields View Post
If you happen to find one of those temp cables (Lester #41896S 6ft) online for sale could you send me a link. I can't seem to find just the cord as I already have the charger.
Yes i will, i have an email into scottyb asking him about it so I'll let you know as soon as i find out something. I'm surprised that more people don't have temp compensation on their battery charging systems, it is highly recommended in the motor home community, and they both use the same batteries.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #10
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls View Post
Yes i will, i have an email into scottyb asking him about it so I'll let you know as soon as i find out something. I'm surprised that more people don't have temp compensation on their battery charging systems, it is highly recommended in the motor home community, and they both use the same batteries.
It has the option so why not use it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO